Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
CCA discounts in the DC area - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CCA discounts in the DC area

Thanks guy for the thread, I need to get some minor roof parts for my bimmer and I'll definitely be going over to Tischer BMW to purchase the parts. BMW of Arlington just ddoesn't seem to be as concerned with supporting the CCA, just my opinion.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I wish there was a way to determine BMW's actual MSRP for parts. The 10/15/20% off rule is basically worthless when the "list" price is some made up number of the parts manager's choosing. A customer is never going to know if he's getting a reasonable (notice I didn't say "best") deal, and that outweighs any convenience or sense of loyalty to a particular dealer.

And I think Bill provides us with a great service at Towson, but driving to Ballmer is less convenient for me than ordering online and waiting 4-5 days for the stuff to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hicks View Post
    I wish there was a way to determine BMW's actual MSRP for parts. The 10/15/20% off rule is basically worthless when the "list" price is some made up number of the parts manager's choosing. A customer is never going to know if he's getting a reasonable (notice I didn't say "best") deal, and that outweighs any convenience or sense of loyalty to a particular dealer.

And I think Bill provides us with a great service at Towson, but driving to Ballmer is less convenient for me than ordering online and waiting 4-5 days for the stuff to arrive.
    I did a survey a few years ago.
    Some jack up MSRP and then give us a discount.
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showpost....28&postcount=2
    It's probably time to do another survey.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I did a survey a few years ago.
    Some jack up MSRP and then give us a discount.
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showpost....28&postcount=2
    It's probably time to do another survey.
    Yeah, I was just looking at that before I posted. Seems out of date, as I've never seen anything from Fairfax that was more expensive than at Arlington. Fairfax's typical list is lower than Arlington and gives a 15% discount rather 10%. Plus Fairfax tends to have more parts in stock. (Having to order a part from the dealer and wait for it sort of defeats the purpose.)

Exclamation Check these guys out.

I think my dealer beats even Tischer.
    Compare Tischer
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214336
    With Crown Auto:
    http://parts.crownauto.com/

The best prices I have seen so far. But these are there on-line price only and they are better than the CCA discount.

There is no doubt that some BMW dealers will beat or exceed local dealership prices. But since we are talking about over the counter parts, it is irrelevant to compare anyone outside to the DC/Balto area.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm sure Richmond is closer to some of our members than any of the Maryland dearlerships.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'm sure Richmond is closer to some of our members than any of the Maryland dearlerships.
    You're right. I forgot about that. I believe our region goes down to Fredericksburg.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Exclamation on-line

There is no doubt that some BMW dealers will beat or exceed local dealership prices. But since we are talking about over the counter parts, it is irrelevant to compare anyone outside to the DC/Balto area.
    Since when is getting cheaper prices for the same goods irrelevant? Besides as I said these are on-line prices only so it doesn't matter if you are in DC, Virginia, or California you can order on-line and save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by tripower View Post
    Since when is getting cheaper prices for the same goods irrelevant? Besides as I said these are on-line prices only so it doesn't matter if you are in DC, Virginia, or California you can order on-line and save some money.
    Because we have been comparing over the counter prices in the DC area. That's all.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Exclamation

Because we have been comparing over the counter prices in the DC area. That's all.
    I'll tell ya, while buying over the counter (with your CCA discount) is fine if you run out of oil or need a part for a repair to get you car running, your best bet is to scope out prices from dealers on-line for your routine and scheduled maintenance.

Buy oil by the case, spark plugs, parts for inspection I and II (I saved a bundle on my inspection II by buying those parts ahead of time on-line) and do it yourself. I mean the bottom line is saving money right?

There are also some bulky items that would cost more in shipping charges to buy online than to pay a few dollars more in price and sales tax locally.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Locksmythe View Post
    There are also some bulky items that would cost more in shipping charges to buy online than to pay a few dollars more in price and sales tax locally.

Maybe an engine. And we aren't talking a few dollars either. One example, I bought a shim set for my M3; List around $360, Parts counter with discount around $310, on-line with these guys around $250. Shipping along with a bunch of other stuff (big box - $10).

You make the call. Do you guys want to save money or are you just looking for reasons to go to the parts counter?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tripower View Post
    Maybe an engine. And we aren't talking a few dollars either. One example, I bought a shim set for my M3; List around $360, Parts counter with discount around $310, on-line with these guys around $250. Shipping along with a bunch of other stuff (big box - $10).

You make the call. Do you guys want to save money or are you just looking for reasons to go to the parts counter?
    While I agree its mostly about the money, isn't it aslo about fostering relationships between the local club and the vendors in the region. I would think that some are more aware than others of the buying power of NCC club members and try to accomodate us so we don't have to do our business on-line. I shop on-line as much as the next guy, however I get a greater since of satisfaction when I can go into a local vendor and get the part I need immediately and not have to wait ofr UPS/FedEx and pay increases in order to expedite my shipping. I believe we have the power to leverage competitive pricing in our grasp if we use it correctly. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

The one item I was looking for cost more than 80% of MSRP at Crown. I checked on style 116 wheels.

Thread Information