Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E30 2.5L Coupe - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: E30 2.5L Coupe

That is a fact, and any error if the car has a log box should be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    ...I decided to get a street car for two reasons: 1) I can drive on the street regularly to acquire a feel for the car -- maybe even start learning a little heel-and-toe...
    I wouldn't advise practicing heel-and-toe on the street, especially in traffic -- if you slip (and you will), you run the risk of rear-ending somebody. The best place to practice is in your driveway, with the engine off; the second-best place is an interstate clover-leaf interchange at 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I wouldn't advise practicing heel-and-toe on the street, especially in traffic -- if you slip (and you will), you run the risk of rear-ending somebody. The best place to practice is in your driveway, with the engine off; the second-best place is an interstate clover-leaf interchange at 3am.
    This brings out that whole can of worms on how to "properly" heel-toe, if you really are using the heel to blip the throttle you shouldn't experience any slipping. As much as I am trying to learn the "proper" technique I am not having much success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    This brings out that whole can of worms on how to "properly" heel-toe, if you really are using the heel to blip the throttle you shouldn't experience any slipping. As much as I am trying to learn the "proper" technique I am not having much success.
    As an aside -- it depends on your pedal configuration: in my Mustang, with a floating accelerator pedal, I do actually use my heel on the accelerator; in my BMWs, with the bottom-hinged pedal, I use the outside of my foot on the accelerator (also, despite my E-width feet, I added pedal side-extensions onto both BMWs -- I could almost fit my entire foot between the brake and gas pedals on my 6er).

Back on topic... I found a gorgeous zinnabarrot E30 a quarter mile from my house... unfortunately, the owner wants $4,500 for a 1986 325es with 215,000+ on the clock.
    Last edited by SharkD; 06-09-2006 at 08:47 AM.

He must be smoking some good hemp for that price. My Zinno cleaned up very nicely after many a long night in the garage.

Now I debate selling it. Red's such an awesome color and never having owned one... Wife is saying something must go soon thou.

Dan are you going to Fed Ex this weekend? I doing a random drop in due to I was supposed to fly but now I'm not.

FedEx is a bit of a hike for me these days -- it'd take me about 5 hours, not counting traffic. (I'm in Durham, now.)

when you move out there...

I've come across several E30's that have -- shall we say, "optimistic"? -- price tags.

cars.com appraises a 1990 2-door 325is with 5 speed, 70K miles, excellent condition, DC area at $3400 (private party retail). Kick the miles up to a more realistic level and the price decreases dramatically to around $2500.

If anybody wants more than that (especially for a lesser car), then they've either installed a bunch of upgrades or they're dreaming. As for the former, I'll consider upgraded cars only if I can verify the expertise of the installer.
    Scott Lowrey

Hate to say thou Good E30's are becoming increasingly tough to come by. I agree with you thou on prices but most E36's are surpassing the E30 mileage and condition wise.

Does anybody know anything about this car?

The low-hp engine is a strike against and I'm not impressed with the interior prep. Judging by the decals, it was run in a NASA SpecE30 "under" class, which is being eliminated next year.

Just curious.
    Scott Lowrey

Last edited by M-technik-3; 06-16-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Does anybody know anything about this car?

The low-hp engine is a strike against and I'm not impressed with the interior prep. Judging by the decals, it was run in a NASA SpecE30 "under" class, which is being eliminated next year.
    SU is no more next year -- all SpecE30's will be a single class, though it remains to be seen as to whether the former 'SU' cars will be included, or if it will only be the 'SO' cars.

This car has not been raced in Mid-Atlantic (which is where NC falls), so I'm not sure why he has the NASA decals on it. The suspension looks awfully soft (it isn't Spec); the wheels may not be SpecE30 legal, either (14x6 or 15x7 only; >13lbs.) and that Kirk bar looks a little scary, especially as it's a bolt-in designed for use in a car with an intact interior & there's no footwell triangulation.

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    4 door not bad if you don't mind 4 doors.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org//car/171431373.html
    Sedans are actually, IMHO -- as a coupe owner, better if you don't have a trailer: you can bring a second set of tires without resorting to a roof rack, like I did (even with a cage installed).
    Last edited by SharkD; 06-17-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Oh agree with you but most don't like the style of the 4 door. B pillar shortens the door length = less sag and stronger chassis all the way around in my opinion.

Thanks for the links. I've been watching craigslist. I'm sticking to my guns: 2 doors, 325i or 325is, preferably '87 onward. If I don't find something soon, I might consider an engine and/or gearbox swap..

Speaking of that, does anybody know if it makes sense to swap an automatic for a 5 speed? I've passed up a few peachy cars because of the trans.
    Scott Lowrey

My 87 was an auto car. Now it's an M50 stick car. Info is available experiance and knowledge is there. So don't be to afraid, acquiring it at a good cost ot the hardest part.

Thread Information