Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Performance Install Shop?

                  
   
  1. #1
    Junior Member Reynard978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    11

    Performance Install Shop?

    Does anyone know of any shops in the Northern VA (Arlington, in particular) area that does installs for performance parts? I was thinking of swapping out my Clutch Delay Valve for a "new" one:

    http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm

    If they do a good job with the CDV, I was thinking of some more substantial upgrades (shocks, brakes, etc). Thanks!


    I have a 2002 330xi.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard978
    Does anyone know of any shops in the Northern VA (Arlington, in particular) area that does installs for performance parts? I was thinking of swapping out my Clutch Delay Valve for a "new" one:

    http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm

    If they do a good job with the CDV, I was thinking of some more substantial upgrades (shocks, brakes, etc). Thanks!


    I have a 2002 330xi.
    martin motorsports in alexandria.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    39
    FunKtion Auto in Dullles

  4. #4
    Junior Member GStiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    21
    You might also talk to Road Race Tech located near Dulles

  5. #5
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard978
    Does anyone know of any shops in the Northern VA (Arlington, in particular)
    Arlington
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  6. #6
    You might try London Auto in Falls Church. That's where I go to get my track tech inspections done. The only actual work I've had done there was new belts on my old 540 and I was happy with the job.

    There's also J+F motors but I hear mixed things about them.
    -Hampton

  7. #7
    Junior Member Reynard978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    11
    Lots of great advice! I'll let you know how my experience goes.
    Last edited by Reynard978; 05-21-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    Reynard978 • 2002 330xi

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alexandria VA
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Ham
    There's also J+F motors but I hear mixed things about them.
    Bill Brochu (the only tech worth dealing with at J&F) left about a year ago, and I haven't been back in there since.

    Martin Motorsports in Alexandria will definitely do the performance upgrades, and do them well.

    Alexandria Bavarian off Rt 1 near Potomac Yards does really good work, but I'm not sure what his take is on performance upgrades. Grant is anal about getting it right though.

    Kevin

  9. #9
    Heck, just drive up to Zeckhausen and have him do it. He is in NJ.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

  10. #10
    Junior Member Reynard978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    11
    HAHAHA. Road Trip!

    Actually, I ran by RRT (in Dulles) yesterday. I think I'm going to have them install the modified CDV and install a UUC stainless steel clutch line while they are at it. ...Now I just need to obtain the parts and setup an install time.
    Reynard978 • 2002 330xi

  11. #11
    Senior Member SMOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    277
    I would like to second/third the recommendation of RRT. The guys there are very helpful and professional. Their rates are also very reasonable.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

  12. #12
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    I would like to second/third the recommendation of RRT. The guys there are very helpful and professional. Their rates are also very reasonable.
    I called Barry to thank them for taking care of you on such short notice.
    It's nice to know we have a shop to count on. Kudos to RRT.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  13. #13
    Senior Member SMOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I called Barry to thank them for taking care of you on such short notice.
    It's nice to know we have a shop to count on. Kudos to RRT.
    Thanks Steve, the guys at RRT deserve major Kudos.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

  14. #14
    A little bit far away but there is a shop up near BWI called Induction Motorsports and they do great work. A couple of my friends swear by them, and I have started to bring my car there for inspections and upgrades.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Odenton, MD
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisBMW
    A little bit far away but there is a shop up near BWI called Induction Motorsports and they do great work. A couple of my friends swear by them, and I have started to bring my car there for inspections and upgrades.
    What kinds of upgrades have you had Induction Motorsports perform on your car? Do you have an address and phone number?
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
  2. Shop for touch-up work?
    By CMOS in forum Body Shops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
  3. Fab Shop aka a simple machine shop
    By M-technik-3 in forum Service
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
  4. Performance Brakes / DIY Brake job
    By Dirichlet in forum Do It Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 07:06 PM
  5. RRT's New Shop Now Open
    By David@RRT in forum Service
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 08:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •