Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
autologic and BMW warranty

Thread: autologic and BMW warranty

autologic and BMW warranty

Would software upgrade with autologic at the Indi shops void BMW warranty?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsun
    Would software upgrade with autologic at the Indi shops void BMW warranty?
    Thanks
    Sure. If a problem relates to what was installed.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Anybody has good/negative experience about autologic? If I send my car to BMW dealerships for service, how would they know the car is upgraded with autologic? Anyway to restore back to the old BMW software version if needed?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsun
    Anybody has good/negative experience about autologic? If I send my car to BMW dealerships for service, how would they know the car is upgraded with autologic? Anyway to restore back to the old BMW software version if needed?
    Thanks
    The really wouldn't unless there was something about redline or top speed.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Autologic appears to be a shop diagnostic tool. As such, it wouldn't typically download (reflash) your emu with their software. I doubt autologic wants to get into the business of supplying BMW operating software. If autologic was used to download BMW sourced software, how would a dealer know, if the code is the same. Why would they care? checksums and such should be identical.
    Now if your question is about feature changes via autologic, it seems unlikely that BMW has code that validates the diagnostic station, but it's possible. I've never seen it discussed here or anywere else. Autologic might know, drop 'em a line.
    - Joel B.
    Bsun, fill out your sig. None of this really matters if your driving a '75 2002.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

They did upgrade the software with autologic to a new version. My main concern is that BMW dealers may be easy to find out that the software has been upgraded by third party tools and refuses to service in warranty issues that may arise. Is this worry unwarrantied?

I can't see a dealer looking to see what software you have.
    The worst thing they can do is write over your software.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information