Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
what is generally cheaper v. oil

Thread: what is generally cheaper v. oil

what is generally cheaper v. oil

When changing oil, is it cheaper to get the oil from the stealership with the CCA discount or get "equivalent" synthetic from a parts store? I am used to buying Mobil 1 synthetic (used it for years on other cars), but I think today I'll stop by the dealership and get some of that BMW stuff.

I swear by Redline.

I'd keep using Mobile1.....but then I'm forced into using the "BMW stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    How are you forced to use the BMW stuff?
    10w60 (I think) required for the M3.

Quote Originally Posted by AG
    10w60 (I think) required for the M3.
    What he said.

I've found the BMW oil and Mobil1 to be pretty close in price. The difference is I always have a heck of a time finding Mobil1 in stock. Everywhere I go they are always out of 0w-40. BMW of Arlington is between my house and work and I know they will always have oil in stock.
    -Hampton

I find BMW oil a good bit cheaper with the CCA discount. And for a car under warranty, NO question about if the oil meets BMW specs.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

so, how much is 10-60 these days with the discount? I have 9 liters and no car that uses it. hint, hint. Bren, I still have your seat cover thingy too!

-- Jason

I was actually heading over to Towson one day this week as I'm due for an oil change...

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    I was actually heading over to Towson one day this week as I'm due for an oil change...
    how YOU doing

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    so, how much is 10-60 these days with the discount? I have 9 liters and no car that uses it. hint, hint. Bren, I still have your seat cover thingy too!
    So how much do you want for it?
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    So how much do you want for it?
    Too late

Hmm, 1 liter per hour garage use?
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG