Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Track Pad recommendations - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Track Pad recommendations

I'll add my 2 cents:

I tried only few pads in the past four years I have been attending DEs, Hawk, PF, and Porterfield. Every time I went back to Porterfields, I personally felt comfortable with their feel, wear and rotor-freindliness.

People complain about slow initial bite of the Porterfield, but only on the very first application for couple of seconds. Depending on the tires, I find that R4S or R4 work very well for me. Keeping in mind that I am not a high-speed tracker with only average driving skills, I found that these pads never abuse the rotors, have singinificant brake torque difference from OEM pad and they are very cost effective copare to many other pads.

The best part for me, I use R4S pads for street and R4 for track. After the initial bedding, I never have to worry about switching and bedding the pads, no glazing, no scratching, etc. I used the R4 pad for extending periods of street driving as well (sometime I get lazy changing pads) and no problems at all, including winter months.

One last note to add, Poterfield, including R4, one properly bedded have about 20% less brake dust and make very little noise.

So, I'd recommend Porterfields.
    Last edited by FT; 05-20-2006 at 10:15 AM.
    Fatih

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Try using a piece of claybar. It's pretty good at pulling embedded stuff out of your wheels. Just don't re-use it on your car's paint afterwards.

---Eric
    Interesting. I have a few old ones laying around. I'll give it a shot, never thought to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by white_2kgt
    Interesting. I have a few old ones laying around. I'll give it a shot, never thought to try that.
    It's surprising how many places it can be used and what it will remove. When I find a cleaner isn't removing something then it's usually embedded so clay will often pull it out.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information