Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
In-car video OK?

Thread: In-car video OK?

In-car video OK?

Since my family keeps asking how I spend my time (and their money) at these schools, I was wondering if I'm allowed to use my CruiseCam video mount and camcorder at a driver's school event? It mounts off the rear headrest.

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

Doh. Looked in the wrong place. Answered my own question....

It's in the FAQ. Yes. Thanks for listening.....

"Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines." -- Enzo Ferrari
    '06 MINI Cooper S
    GeorgeCo Blog

I know that some instructors tend to look down upon students having these. Especially after the drama from a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    I know that some instructors tend to look down upon students having these. Especially after the drama from a few weeks ago.
    Easy solution: Ask your instructor. Preferably not in your first session.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Whatever you decide, just don't do this:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=530270

Banned
    Big problem with a video camera in car is how secure is it. I have seen some mounting systems where a rubber band and a wad of chewing gum would be more secure. And I have seen some questionable mounting systems in instructor cars.

Remember you can be decapitated by a sheet of paper in a high speed high g incident at the track.

Nice video from Pocono! May be an excellent case to test the validity of waiver in court if you were students car who got hit.

Other drama? Details

I feel a lot safer on a field with sheep. Not.

Dave Apker, Duncan and herding diva Kate

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Other drama? Details
    Camera car was asked to leave at the followng school at Watkins Glen after refusing to ride with an instructor.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I think it's funny about all the talk of a video camera being a distraction. I forget mine is even there; that's why I usually end up with about 20 minutes of still paddock video after I park my car at the end of my run.

Quote Originally Posted by steve b
    I think it's funny about all the talk of a video camera being a distraction. I forget mine is even there; that's why I usually end up with about 20 minutes of still paddock video after I park my car at the end of my run.
    Same here. I bring plenty of tape and spare batteries. I turn the camera on as I leave the paddock. I don't care if it is on for 20 minutes either. I usually forget to turn it off too.

It's when the camera is a distraction, that is bumping into it or driving for the camera that it becomes a problem.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

This is not quite as exciting as the previous video but this was taken at Pocono and comes from the Delaware Valley chapter.

http://www.rxtrio.com/Pocono05.wmv
    realm3e46
    '03 M3 Silver
    '02 325i sp Silver
    '08 Tundra Silver

Thread Information