Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Control Arms and The E46

Thread: Control Arms and The E46

Cool Control Arms and The E46

Hello there fellow gearheads and bimmer dreamers it's that time again, what time you ask, well it's Control Arm replacement time once again. It began with a slight shimmy while driving especially on bumpy roads. I thought it was alignment time but discovered when I took her into the shop that I have an amazing amount of play in my front-end. I'm looking at the newer Control Arm replacements, I replaced my control arms at 50K and they have lasted 142K which in itself is amazing. The newer control arms that replace the OEM's last longer and the new non-OEM bushings out-last the original bushings. When all is said and done, it will set me back $1,100+ dollars after the alignment at FunKtion Auto. Just wanted to vent or brag, not sure which, I'm told that the Control Arms usually only last 50K normally. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Banned
    I know drivers of E30 and E30M3s who replace their front control arms every new drivers school season. When I was doing schools it was every two years.

Dave Apker and the collies

FWIW, Bimmerworld is selling control arms for $100 each....
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild
    I'm told that the Control Arms usually only last 50K normally. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    In general or E46? I must have +100K miles on my LCAs and bushings.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    In general or E46? I must have +100K miles on my LCAs and bushings.
    Non-M E46 stock control arm bushings are good for about 10-15K in my hands. The life of the control arms is a bit of a different question.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information