Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommendations for Street Tires?

Thread: Recommendations for Street Tires?

Question Recommendations for Street Tires?

I was hoping to get some input from those of you in the DC area about street tires. I'm looking for advice for an E34 that is my daily driver that I just put 17" wheels on. I do not track this car and my driving style is rather tame.

I've looked at reviews at Tirerack and a host of other places but was curious what other local members would recommend based on the roads and weather around here.

So far Kuhmo ASX tires seem like a good deal, but are there others I should look at or perhaps avoid? I don't want to spend a fortune on these tires (who does?) but I also don't want loud tires with poor grip that last only 15,000 miles.

Thanks in advance.

George Stiles
    Sterling, VA

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GStiles
    I was hoping to get some input from those of you in the DC area about street tires. I'm looking for advice for an E34 that is my daily driver that I just put 17" wheels on. I do not track this car and my driving style is rather tame.

I've looked at reviews at Tirerack and a host of other places but was curious what other local members would recommend based on the roads and weather around here.

So far Kuhmo ASX tires seem like a good deal, but are there others I should look at or perhaps avoid? I don't want to spend a fortune on these tires (who does?) but I also don't want loud tires with poor grip that last only 15,000 miles.

Thanks in advance.

George Stiles
    Sterling, VA
    Hey George, I've lived in the NCR since 1999. My only driver is a 00 323i (E46). I've found that the winters here are not any where severe enough to warrant dedicated winter/summer tires. I'm retired military and have lived in Germany and England where the winters are much more severe. I have been driving All-Season radials year-round. I initially started at The Tire Rack with the tire comparisions for all Ultra High Performance All Season radials. The best tires I found through the process were the Perilli P-Zero Nero's. I'm running 18" rims on my bimmer. The only problem I've found with P-Zero's is they are usually short in supply. The next best tire I've found is the Toyo Proxes 4 All Season radials, which can be found at The Radial Tire Company in Maryland. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

All season = No season.

-- Jason

I'm happy with the Toyo Proxes 4's on my de-tracked E24 (from Radial Tire in Silver Spring).

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I'm happy with the Toyo Proxes 4's on my de-tracked E24 (from Radial Tire in Silver Spring).
    Got back from Radial Tire today with four new Toyo Proxy 4's. Good price on the tires, good price for mount/balance. No shakes/wobbles up to about 75 mph.

Thanks for the suggestions.

(Guess it's time to update my avatar with the new look).

George

I have Kumho ASX's on my 98 M3. They are significantly quieter than the P-Zeroes that came off the car. Good for daily driving and you can't beat the price.
    E36 M3
    E46 325xiT
    X5
    "My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus...and if I'm not dead by Thursday I'll be roaring Friday night." ::Jimmy Buffett

Agree with both -- Toyos, and purchased from Radial.
    Fern Green 99 M3, Conforti CAI, Dinan Exhaust. 18" CSL replica rims with Toyo T1-Rs, 235F-255R, OEM Hellas, ///M Pedal Kit, Blacked Out Grill, Clear Corners w/ Platinum bulbs all around, E39 Trunk Lip Spoiler, G2'd Calipers, Low Dust BPads.
    Pending: Shark and Drilled Rotors

PICS:
    New Rims

Cockpit

Angels w/no corner lamps

Nice Corners

My First One -- may she win many a race in her new life as a stock car

I ran Conti Extreme Contacts on my 323Ci which had 17" wheels. They were great year-round tires IMO.

Prior to those I ran Bridgestone SO3s. They were great during the warm months, but the tread went qucikly and forget about it in the snow (even a 1/4").
    Last edited by Slpnbyu; 07-14-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Thread Information