Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NCC Sept Driving School - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NCC Sept Driving School

NEWS: Saturday night dinner will be provided by Paul @ Radial Tires.
    Plus a certificate for a free set of Toyo tires.
    You must be present to win.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Any word on registration counts at this point? A buddy just mailed his stuff out today hoping to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Any word on registration counts at this point? A buddy just mailed his stuff out today hoping to get in.
    Today? Doubtful.
    I think 63 registered on opening day, 91 where registered by last Wednesday, including the 4 who sent them in early.
    I don't have the numbers yet. We really won't know how many are accepted. There is a good chance that everyone who had their registration postmarked 8/31 will be accepted.

Typically each run group has 20 cars. Three run groups.
    That's 60 but we can handle more depending how many instructors we have. How many more I don't know. Nobody likes traffic so even if we had 40 instructors, we don't load up the track with students. Unfortunately the first person on the waitlist may not agree.

Now a few people will cancel between now and a week before the school.
    Doug will let everyone know where they stand.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Ok, thanks for the update Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti

How do I know I have been accepted?
    For this school, if you registered during the first day there is a very good chance you will be accepted. You should be notified three weeks before the school. Please do not email Doug or myself until then.
    3 weeks before I'm going to be driving a race preped car 6 hours to this event. If I'm not going to be in... I'd like to know so I can make other plans.

My form was post marked on August 1. Should I make other plans?
    Last edited by Scott///M; 08-10-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott///M
    My form was post marked on August 1. Should I make other plans?
    It's hard to tell at this point. Once registration closes the registrar has 2 weeks to get everything together to forward to the Chief Instructor. The CI will then assign students to instructors. That puts us at about 3 weeks before the school. It could be sooner than that, but please remember, everyone have day jobs and family.

Since you are in a race car, you do have equal restraints for the right seat? Meaning a racing seat with EQUAL harnesses.

Are you also a NCC chapter member? You can belong to multiple chapters.
    Our admissions policy give priority to NCC members, then CCA members outside of our chapter. So theoretically an NCC member whose registration form is postmarked the last day will have a priority over someone outside our chapter who registers the first. Most chapters have a similar policy.

Our registrar will let people know where the stand as soon as he can. But that process will not begin for a couple weeks.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    It's hard to tell at this point. Once registration closes the registrar has 2 weeks to get everything together to forward to the Chief Instructor. The CI will then assign students to instructors. That puts us at about 3 weeks before the school. It could be sooner than that, but please remember, everyone have day jobs and family.

Since you are in a race car, you do have equal restraints for the right seat? Meaning a racing seat with EQUAL harnesses.

Are you also a NCC chapter member? You can belong to multiple chapters.
    Our admissions policy give priority to NCC members, then CCA members outside of our chapter. So theoretically an NCC member whose registration form is postmarked the last day will have a priority over someone outside our chapter who registers the first. Most chapters have a similar policy.

Our registrar will let people know where the stand as soon as he can. But that process will not begin for a couple weeks.
    I understand.

I do have equal restraints. I'm a Tarheel and Peachtree BMW CCA member and it's standard with most folks who run HPDE's to require equal restraints. I make sure my passengers are as safe and comfortable as I am. I figure it's the least I can do for someone who puts his/her life in my hands.

I am not registered as a NCC chapter member... yet.

Thanks for the info. Hope to be running with you guys in September

Quote Originally Posted by Scott///M
    I understand.

I do have equal restraints. I'm a Tarheel and Peachtree BMW CCA member and it's standard with most folks who run HPDE's to require equal restraints. I make sure my passengers are as safe and comfortable as I am. I figure it's the least I can do for someone who puts his/her life in my hands.

I am not registered as a NCC chapter member... yet.

Thanks for the info. Hope to be running with you guys in September
    I have heard of a Miata showing up at a driving school with one seat.
    Not everyone show up with equal restraints.

All that being said, you might be pretty far back on the list since you are not an NCC member. It really is too late at this point to become a dual member. Out of the 91 or so who registered over the 1st 3 days, I don't know how many are NCC members. Send Doug an email to find out how many NCC members are ahead of you. This will give you more time to make a decision.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

That reminds me, I have to put the passenger seat back in the car...

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    That reminds me, I have to put the passenger seat back in the car...
    I wish my to-do list looked like that.
    • motor mounts
    • trans mounts
    • steering rack
    • alignment
    • brake rotors, pads, and fluid
    • shifter
    • tachometer
    • cooling hoses
    • V belts
    • a few wiring repairs
    • then the two seats!
    But that's all another topic...
    Scott Lowrey

Well, my list isn't as long, but...
    • Paint cage (done)
    • Swap Wedge Engineering bracket for VAC mounts
    • Fix odometer gears (done)
    • Fix Tach/Fuel/Water gauge weirdness (I think it's the SI board, I've got a new one coming)
    • Fix radio 12v switch short (found that problem, today -- thank's P.O. for hacking the radio wiring -- I use that lead for aux gauge power)
    • L & R Tie Rods
    • Brake Pads
    • Relocate cool suit mount
    • Reinstall driver & passenger seats
    • Reinstall passenger side mirror lens (lost it in VIR T5 during qualifying)
    • Mount 4 tires
    • Weld tire rack to trailer

Shark, the vid in your sig is making me go find a mint 6 series ASAP!!!

Can't wait for this event... Just hoping (with fingers crossed) that I be accepted although I'm not an NCC member...

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    You can belong to multiple chapters.
    Will definitely go for dual membership since NCC seems to have a Driver's Schedule that's more in-line with mine in terms of attending track events...
    -=- TQ2K -=-
    the "X" - '04 X5 - Alpine White/Truffle
    the "M" - '03 M5 - Petrol Mica/Champagne

Quote Originally Posted by tq2k View Post
    Will definitely go for dual membership since NCC seems to have a Driver's Schedule that's more in-line with mine in terms of attending track events...
    It just so happened that we did not have any schools during the summer. It doesn't always work out that way.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information