Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Brake duct hoses?

Thread: Brake duct hoses?

Brake duct hoses?

Just had RRT/BW brake ducts installed.
    I want to pick up some extra hoses.
    Anywhere in Maryland? or just take a ride over to RRT?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Lately, I've been using the orange hose from www.RacerPartsWholesale.com -- it's a little more flexible than the hose that BimmerWorld (and presumably RRT, since they're the same kit) sells. With the original hose, I repeatedly had the ducts popping off at about 75% of steering input limit; with the new stuff, I can go lock to lock.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I repeatedly had the ducts popping off at about 75% of steering input limit; with the new stuff, I can go lock to lock.
    That's good to know. I haven't driven with the flange to rotor hoses yet. I was planning on installing them and driving around locally to get an idea of what I can and can not do. I'll pick up the orange hoses since I wanted spares with me anyway. did you cut them the same size as the original ones or made them a little longer? Don't forget, I have an E36 and don't know how it compares underneat to an E30.

Edit: So it's the 3" stuff, right?
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-07-2006 at 07:49 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Yeah, the 3" stuff.

I just kind of generously eyeballed it and then trimmed as needed. (My E30 was missing almost every single piece of plastic in and around the wheel wells, so I just have a hose directly from the duct to the backing plate.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Yeah, the 3" stuff.

I just kind of generously eyeballed it and then trimmed as needed. (My E30 was missing almost every single piece of plastic in and around the wheel wells, so I just have a hose directly from the duct to the backing plate.
    I placed an order tonight. Unless the car is on a lift it might be tough to eye ball it.

Hey Vic, you free one night next week?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I buy such stuff from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty www.aircraftspruce.com

They have a race car parts catalog.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone