Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Marrs One

Thread: Marrs One

Marrs One

The weather was great all weekend.

Race Group 6 has nine different car classes with lots of speed differentials.
    My class, SSC, runs in this group, and it's a busy group.

There were 7 SSC cars. A Mini qualified on the pole and I was 2nd in my Civic.
    Another Mini was 3rd. I got a great start and got ahead of the pole sitter, but in one lap he had his position back. One or two laps later I got ahead of him and I saw that the 3rd place car (the other Mini) got by the pole sitter too.

He stayed on my tail until the end, but, I won.
    Anyone see it??
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Barry
    The weather was great all weekend.

Race Group 6 has nine different car classes with lots of speed differentials.
    My class, SSC, runs in this group, and it's a busy group.

There were 7 SSC cars. A Mini qualified on the pole and I was 2nd in my Civic.
    Another Mini was 3rd. I got a great start and got ahead of the pole sitter, but in one lap he had his position back. One or two laps later I got ahead of him and I saw that the 3rd place car (the other Mini) got by the pole sitter too.

He stayed on my tail until the end, but, I won.
    Anyone see it??
    Barry
    yup, great weather. missed the small bore race doing preps for the big bore race. 12 ITS cars, i won too...

Great

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    yup, great weather. missed the small bore race doing preps for the big bore race. 12 ITS cars, i won too...
    Congratulations!!
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

I didn't win.

Had a pretty good race also. Started 14th out of 32 or so SRFs, still chasing some handling problems. As of lap 4, coming over the rise between 9 and 10, the leaders were in 10. We had a 15 car train still running at that point. First thought was COOL, second thought was , Uh oh, WAY too close to the front for the fun to start.

Exiting 5, one car got loose, Elizabeth Miller spun trying to duck inside to pass, I spun when I got wheels in the dirt trying to pass both of them on the outside. I rejoined in 20th, and Elizabeth and I hooked up to climb back to 13th/14th. Guy who got loose, but didn't spin ended up something like 6th.

But good time, nice race, enjoyable day and great weather.

Full writeup will be posted at www.TeamWTF.org later.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    I didn't win.

Had a pretty good race also. Started 14th out of 32 or so SRFs, still chasing some handling problems. As of lap 4, coming over the rise between 9 and 10, the leaders were in 10. We had a 15 car train still running at that point. First thought was COOL, second thought was , Uh oh, WAY too close to the front for the fun to start.

Exiting 5, one car got loose, Elizabeth Miller spun trying to duck inside to pass, I spun when I got wheels in the dirt trying to pass both of them on the outside. I rejoined in 20th, and Elizabeth and I hooked up to climb back to 13th/14th. Guy who got loose, but didn't spin ended up something like 6th.

But good time, nice race, enjoyable day and great weather.

Full writeup will be posted at www.TeamWTF.org later.
    nice job! that is a tough class to climb in from spin...

Yeah, that's why it felt so good to finish that far back.

We could have done better if Elizabeth had seen my signal to hook up and work together. We may have been able to pick up 1 or 2 more spots.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

you down here at vir for marrs 2/3?

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    you down here at vir for marrs 2/3?
    Travelling to Nationals for the past 7 years has soured me on away races for now, so I'm staying local. No VIR, but I will be at MARRS 4.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

I am in Chicago for a conference, unfortunately. m How's the weather and racing?

Next year though.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

Thread Information