Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
May (Shenandoah) School
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May (Shenandoah) School

Hybrid View

May (Shenandoah) School

Has any information been released concerning who has been accepted / wait listed? I am very eager to know (hoping that I'm on the accepted list).

~Colin
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

I haven't received anything yet. Nothing in the mail or e-mail. Don't we normally get this package 3-4 weeks before the event??
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Emails should be going out shortly. Right now it might be in the hands of the CI. If you sent in your registration form and all the documention the first 3 days you are probably in.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I'm working on it. Hopefully, the acceptance emails will go out tomorrow evening.
    '11 Alpinweiss 3 E71 X6
    '08 Silverstone II E92 M3
    '05 Phoenix Dinan S2 E46 M3
    '04 Alpine E83 X3
    '99 Estoril E36/8 M Coupe
    '29 Ford Model A 'Special Coupe'

Smile

Doug, Thanks for all the hard work. I got my confirmation e-mail last night or early this morning.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)

I got my confirmation also.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I'll be there too - WOOT !!!

Tom, your car is going to take up the entire width of the track... you have to be in your own run group :-p
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    I'll be there too - WOOT !!!

Tom, your car is going to take up the entire width of the track... you have to be in your own run group :-p
    Colin, just line up behind me on the grid and stay behind me on the track and there won't be a problem.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB_540i
    Colin, just line up behind me on the grid and stay behind me on the track and there won't be a problem.

In the words of the great Cliff Huxtable, "CHALLANGE!!!!"
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

I got my confirmation also. Going to be a good weekend.

71 people registered for this school with most people registering the first few days. I am glad we cut the mail in registration period to 2 weeks. Then we'd have people procrastinating for 3 weeks instead of 2.

And we are going to need everyone's cooperation, especially with this school.
    EVERYONE including guests will be required to wear wristbands.
    They will be distributed at registration.
    NO cars are allowed to go over to the main track to watch the Jeff 500 or get food.
    You can park near the silo but on the 'doah side only.

We want to prevent traffic from the Jefferson 500 coming over.
    Lunch on Sunday will be at the Jefferson 500.
    I need guests to register for the Sunday lunch using the form at http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=97,420,0,0,1,0
    Those attending the school, please don't use the form.

There will also be 2 charcoal grills for instructors, students, workers and guests to use.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 05-04-2006 at 07:09 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Hi all. I am a new member, but will be at the DE (got my confirmation ). Question...Is driving to the track in the morning doable? Or do most stay at a close by hotel? I will be coming from Alexandria.

Other than that, just wanted to say hi and see everyone there!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by VA 330Ci
    Hi all. I am a new member, but will be at the DE (got my confirmation ). Question...Is driving to the track in the morning doable? Or do most stay at a close by hotel? I will be coming from Alexandria.

Steve
    If you want to get to the track at 7 when it opens, just leave Alexandria around 5:45am.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ob325
    Quote Originally Posted by VA 330i
    If you want to get to the track at 7 when it opens, just leave Alexandria around 5:45am.
    Living in Pentagon City, taking the GW -> Sprout Run -> I-66 -> Dulles Toll Road/Greenway -> VA Route 7 -> Crums Church Rd/VA-632 -> Old Charlestown Rd/Hardesty Rd -> Summit Point Pike (and hitting the Shell station on Route 7 just after I-340/Berryville) would consistently get me to Summit Point at 6:55am, if I left at 5:40 am.

Personally, I preferred driving to the track over staying the night in Winchester or Charlestown -- the hour or so of driving made sure I was awake and I could be certain that the car was running fine -- you might not even be able to find a room, with the Jeff 500 going on at the same time.

A couple of tips:
    • Make sure you top off your tank at one of the gas stations (either the Shell or the ??? station on the other side of VA-632 from the turn to the track) -- you won't be able to get to the Main Circuit pumps and even if you could, you'd have to sell some vital organs to pay the total.
    • Take your numbers off your car before you leave the track -- Charlestown's finest go on revenue patrol alert during big race weekends.
    • Don't speed when you leave the track -- it'll feel so slow going the speed limit, but it's not worth it for the aforementioned reason.
    Last edited by SharkD; 05-07-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VA 330Ci

Steve

Driving there in the morning on sat won't be a problem... I like to stay in the area on Sat night b/c I'm often tired from the day's activities - plus it saves on gas. The choice is yours....
    See you on the track
    ~Colin
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

Thread Information