Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Thoughts on repair shops in the Bowie area

Thread: Thoughts on repair shops in the Bowie area

Thoughts on repair shops in the Bowie area

Anyone have a recommendation for shops in the Bowie to Annapolis area?

Long story short, the car was up on a flatbed last week and the operator neglected to secure the rear. When he slammed on the brakes to keep from smacking the idiot who slammed on HIS brakes in front of us, my 1991 318is slid into the winch.

Initially it didn't look too bad, a new spoiler and lip...

Once I got the valance off, however, I found that there has been structural damage. I need to find a shop that is competent working with these things and can tell me what needs to be replaced and what can be repaired.

Here is a pic of the parts that got munched - basically, the crossmember and upper piece on the driver's side.

=============
    John in Bowie
    1991 E30 318is
    =============

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ak96ss
    Anyone have a recommendation for shops in the Bowie to Annapolis area?
    Long story short, the car was up on a flatbed last week and the operator neglected to secure the rear. When he slammed on the brakes to keep from smacking the idiot who slammed on HIS brakes in front of us, my 1991 318is slid into the winch.
    Initially it didn't look too bad, a new spoiler and lip...
    Once I got the valance off, however, I found that there has been structural damage. I need to find a shop that is competent working with these things and can tell me what needs to be replaced and what can be repaired.
    Here is a pic of the parts that got munched - basically, the crossmember and upper piece on the driver's side.
    If Springfield VA is not too out of your way, I would recommend Springfield Auto Body.
    They have the skills to do the repairs and their work is very high quality.
    If you go there, tell them i referred you.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Specifically, ask Steve Kapuschansky, Alex May, Victor Hall, Han Ah-Sue or Stephen Dubovsky this question on the www.SpecE30.com board. They should have a good idea of E30-friendly body shops in your area.

Cool, thanks guys.

I spoke with Elite Autobody in Crofton, they came in at $1400 to replace those two pieces and respray the hood, fenders, valance and spoiler. So with parts and trim pieces and such, the tow truck driver managed to do just over $2k in damage in no time at all.

{sigh}

I had just 'finished' it - new suspension, new clutch, new stereo...
    =============
    John in Bowie
    1991 E30 318is
    =============

I have had good experiences with Elite Auto Body in Crofton. They have reshot sections of my truck, painted and installed my rear lip spoiler, and have done a front clip for a friend's Toyota Celica GTS that had an encounter with a deer. Their repair work is virtually undetectable and they take their time to complete the repair (don't be in a hurry).
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Thread Information