Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
TireVan?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TireVan?

TireVan?

Has anyone used this service?

They sell, deliver, and install tires at your desired location in the Washington, DC area (Baltimore metro is excluded). They also balance tires and claim to have competitive prices.

I found the advetisement in the MB car club newsletter yet a video on their site shows them replacing tires on a M3!

The url is www.tirevan.net.

I am a satisfied repeat customer. Check out this thread
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1271

Have you noticed their ad inside the front cover of the March/April der Bayerische?

Greg

I also heard another good review from Kris Domich.
    If you use them, mention you saw their ad and favorable comments on our message board.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Radial Tire has been for me over the years 15+ on multiple cars,some with "special needs".The time consideration makes these guys sound pretty good.
    jgmgti

Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Radial Tire has been for me over the years 15+ on multiple cars,some with "special needs".The time consideration makes these guys sound pretty good.
    jgmgti
    Although Radial doesn't make house calls.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Agreed Steven.If they expand their service area I would consider them as a viable option.
    jgmgti

I'm having them install Pirelli PZero Nero AS tires on my car next Friday at my office. I'll post another message afterwards with the results.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

I have not seen any ads from them over the past year or so - thought they might be out of business. I used them ~2 years ago. They came to the house and mounted & balanced 8 tires for me with good results.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I have not seen any ads from them over the past year or so - thought they might be out of business. I used them ~2 years ago. They came to the house and mounted & balanced 8 tires for me with good results.
    I see their trucks around all the time. They definitely are not out of business.

I had them flip my track tires last year. The truck that came did one and then marred the second wheel. The guy said that they had great equipment but didn't maintain it and that only one truck in their fleet had eveything that worked. He arranged for another truck to come out later and do the other two tires.

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Let us know how competitive the competitive prices are.

Thanks.

Vic
    Here's a price comparison for the W rated Pirellis at TireVan and TireRack:

245/45/19
    TireVan: $188
    TireRack: $175

275/40/19
    TireVan: $205.54
    TireRack: $199

The price differences are small for the convenience of having the tires installed at my office. However, I just checked TireRack again
    and now see that they have the same but H rated Pirellis for $155 (Fr.) and $175 (R) and are advertised as "New". The H rated tires
    were listed two days ago. They're a considerable savings over the W rated tires. Should I go for the H rated tires and pocket the
    difference or stick with the W rated tires?
    Last edited by My2005_745Li; 02-14-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Just for fun, I added the H rated tires to TireRack's cart and got the following warning message:

The following tire you have selected has a higher load rating than the vehicle's Original Equipment (O.E.)
    tires. This typically results in increased ride harshness, which some customers may find undesirable.

Oops.
    Last edited by My2005_745Li; 02-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

I think the H-rated tires might be a bit underachieving on your 7er.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

yep, get the W rated ones.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

John/Paul: Thanks for your input. It with the information in the article, H Vs. V Rated Tires, at http://www.ehow.com/about_5446018_vs-rated-tires.html did convince me to stay with the W rated tires.
    John W.
    2012 X5 xDrive50i
    2005 745Li

Thread Information