Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need to RENT: RTAB tool for e36 M3
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need to RENT: RTAB tool for e36 M3

Need to RENT: RTAB tool for e36 M3

Where can I rent this tool locally? Or if a member has it, how much it to rent from you?

TIA

I have such a tool, sorta. It's not the really nice BMW tool, it's the kinda low-rent discount version sold by Victory Products and others.
    http://www.victoryproductdesign.com/tools_main.htm
    Should work okay if your current bushing is not frozen in there like it's welded. Works much better on '95s as the later models had a flange on the bushing that you have to bend out of the way first. The metal outer lining for the bushing is very, very soft.
    Been passed around amongst several of us driver's school dudes, to uniformly lukewarm reviews.
    Let me know if you are interested, no rent, just it's safe return.
    - Joel B.

Joel: Do you want to come out to an installfest and help a few of us with the RTABs if you have some time on May 14? Nobody that is coming has done them before, and two or three people are trying to do them. (I'm not one of them).

~Ryan

Dougmoney & Co.
    Yeah, I might be willing to come out, if there is a real need. Are you going to host, or ??? I live out in Warrenton, Va, not exactly centrally located.
    I'd be glad to come in to Fairfax, Alex., Arlington, etc. to a get-together. A well-equipped workspace would be a big plus. I can bring the tool, a sawzall, and a drill w/large bits, hacksaw, etc. All needed if the old RTAB puts up a fight.
    Of course, the usual jack and jackstands are needed.

Everyone should be aware that a 4-wheel alignment is highly recommended after doing this procedure!

- Joel B.

Quote Originally Posted by slantsixm3
    Dougmoney & Co.
    Yeah, I might be willing to come out, if there is a real need. Are you going to host, or ??? I live out in Warrenton, Va, not exactly centrally located.
    I'd be glad to come in to Fairfax, Alex., Arlington, etc. to a get-together. A well-equipped workspace would be a big plus. I can bring the tool, a sawzall, and a drill w/large bits, hacksaw, etc. All needed if the old RTAB puts up a fight.
    Of course, the usual jack and jackstands are needed.

Everyone should be aware that a 4-wheel alignment is highly recommended after doing this procedure!

- Joel B.
    Awesome Joel! If you cant make it to the install'fest. I would still really appreciate if I could borrow the tool and your knowledge of the install of them. Please, let us know.

Guys,
    As of now, I plan to come out to your installfest thing on the 14th. I'll bring what I can squeeze into the 'ol M3 trunk in the way of tools and other resources. This is not rocket science once you see it (like many other things...).
    I looked at the bimmerforums, and I'm still a bit confused on the location. If someone could help out with directions I'd appreciate it. PM or e-mail, perhaps. I can also help out with brakes (yawn) and other commons suspension tasks, not doing no M50 intakes or shifters, btdt.
    - Joel

Just come north on '95, get off at the Mixing bowl, head on Old Keene Mill Road towards Springfield, not Franconia, drive 3-4 miles, make a right on to carrleigh parkway, right onto Langbrook road, and a right onto Hofstra Ct.

Guys,
    As of now, I plan to come out to your installfest thing on the 14th. I'll bring what I can squeeze into the 'ol M3 trunk in the way of tools and other resources. This is not rocket science once you see it (like many other things...)
    Still going? I don't want to be the only one who remembers black and white TV.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Still going? I don't want to be the only one who remembers black and white TV.
    UPN/WB?

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I am still going. I also rented the tool from bimmerworld, but can still use some help from someone who has done this before.

Yup, I still plan on coming out as well. I figure being there around 9-2, depending. As promised, I'll load my SUV (M3/4) with some of my junk and see if I can help 2k or someone out. Sounds like fun.
    Can't have Steve being the only one who watched a man walk on the moon. Live.
    Thanks to Dougmoney for directions.

- Joel B.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Yup, I still plan on coming out as well. I figure being there around 9-2, depending. As promised, I'll load my SUV (M3/4) with some of my junk and see if I can help 2k or someone out. Sounds like fun.
    Can't have Steve being the only one who watched a man walk on the moon. Live.
    Thanks to Dougmoney for directions.

- Joel B.
    Great! I will be there at around 10am. Look for the red m3 with its rear wheels off, jacked up, and a confused owner!
    Last edited by _2k; 05-10-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Joel, be ready for some serious DE/Auto-X questioning, I'm going to be looking at getting an E36 328is soon, to slowly be converted for track use (but mostly as a DD), so I may want some of your input .

OPM???? Noooo problem!
    - Joel B.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Thread Information