Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Does an X-Brace install on an E36 M3 allow it to remain in "stock" class?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does an X-Brace install on an E36 M3 allow it to remain in "stock" class?

Does an X-Brace install on an E36 M3 allow it to remain in "stock" class?

I'm just curious, seeing as it was available on the LTW M3, so is it considered an "optional" component that would allow me to remain in the stock class, along with a cat-back exhaust system?

Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    I'm just curious, seeing as it was available on the LTW M3, so is it considered an "optional" component that would allow me to remain in the stock class, along with a cat-back exhaust system?
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?classes

Are asking about a M3 or M3 LTW?
    Either way it looks like you would be in Prepared because of the exhaust.

Prepared
    This class is a combination class. It is intended to allow people with mostly stock setups to run race tires, or non-stock setups to run street tires. As such, it is similar to a combination of the SCCA Stock and Street Touring rules. If a car is eligible for SCCA Stock classes (with R-Compounds) or ST classes, then it can run here (without R-Compound tires.) Or, if it is has no more than the following mods, it can run here using R-Compounds:

* Any wheels
    * Any tires (including R-Compounds)
    * Any strut tower brace or cross-brace
    * Any cat-back exhaust
    * Any air filter & air box
    * Any carb
    * Any brake pads & rotors
    * Any spoilers or aerodynamic aids
    * Any seats or steering wheel
    * Any aftermarket chip
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-16-2006 at 06:01 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

What about without the exhaust? And an SSK would put it in SM, correct?

What about without the exhaust? And an SSK would put it in SM, correct?
    Stock exhaust keeps you in showroom. Don't know about the SSK. I'll let someone with a bit more authority answer that one.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Would a stock M3 with just the X-Brace remain in showroom? I'm just trying to plan out my path of modification, I know I'm going to be doing an x-brace first.

Would a stock M3 with just the X-Brace remain in showroom? I'm just trying to plan out my path of modification, I know I'm going to be doing an x-brace first.
    No.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Stock exhaust keeps you in showroom. Don't know about the SSK. I'll let someone with a bit more authority answer that one.
    Short Shifters will be allowed, as they do not improve performance.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

X-brace puts you in SCCA Street Prepared class and as far as I know in NCC Prepared class as well. I know for sure because that's the only "mod" I have on my car.

X brace will put you in to prepared.

Pete

Coilovers would put me in modified?

Coilovers would put me in modified?
    Yes.

Modified

This class is a catch all for all other modifications.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Yes.

Modified

This class is a catch all for all other modifications.
    Don't think that's correct:

Prepared
    This class is a combination class. It is intended to allow people with mostly stock setups to run race tires, or non-stock setups to run street tires. As such, it is similar to a combination of the SCCA Stock and Street Touring rules. If a car is eligible for SCCA Stock classes (with R-Compounds) or ST classes, then it can run here (without R-Compound tires.)
    ST classes allow coilovers, so the way I read this coilovers are ok in prepared, as long you're not using R comps.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

I thought properly adjusted coil overs would be more of an advantage over R comps. I guess I should come out to an autocross before I attempt to answer questions.
    Maybe I'll just ban myself from this section.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I thought properly adjusted coil overs would be more of an advantage over R comps. I guess I should come out to an autocross before I attempt to answer questions.
    Maybe I'll just ban myself from this section.
    Well, if you're correct some of our own autox organizers are improperly classes.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Well, if you're correct some of our own autox organizers are improperly classes.

Alex

Alex is right. Coilovers are fine in prepared as long as you aren't also running R-comps.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information