Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Sign-up for VIR June 15-16? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sign-up for VIR June 15-16?

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    Yes, you trash your car instead of theirs.
    well, I guess that answers it.

I wish I saved my RFT OEMs instead of selling them last year.
    Those would have been great tires for these things.

The 4 day school I talk about is 2 days with Audi-BMW-M-B and 2 days with mazdadrivers.com. Mazda is on a waitlist now.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by ase2dais
    Do you guys think this is just as good as BMW Performance Center at SC?

By God its so cheap compared to the Performance center, there must be a reason.

Will I trash my 06 e90 with this crse?

Any feedback is welcome, I just need a little nudge perhaps!
    The four-day discussion comes from combining the Thur-Fri MB/Audi/BMW event with Sat-Sun Mazda Drivers event.
    These on-track high performance schools vary quite a bit from the BMW Performance Center events. The later emphasises car control exercises while driving their new BMWs. In the VIR events you will be learing to lap one of the finest race tracks in the world while driving your own car. Not much matches the thrill of the uphill esses at 100+ mph, but you will not be learning the car-control skills you receive at the Performance Center school.

There is little chance of trashing your car, but you should be aware that it can happen.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    The four-day discussion comes from combining the Thur-Fri MB/Audi/BMW event with Sat-Sun Mazda Drivers event.
    These on-track high performance schools vary quite a bit from the BMW Performance Center events. The later emphasises car control exercises while driving their new BMWs. In the VIR events you will be learing to lap one of the finest race tracks in the world while driving your own car. Not much matches the thrill of the uphill esses at 100+ mph, but you will not be learning the car-control skills you receive at the Performance Center school.

There is little chance of trashing your car, but you should be aware that it can happen.
    What kind of car control do they teach you at these performance center schools? Are we talking about skid pad type, or is more of a "highway safety" type school?

I haven't been to a Performance Center event, but I think you get skid pad and other car control exercises, as you do at the chapter's Highway Safety School. Maybe someone who has done both can chime in here.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    I haven't been to a Performance Center event, but I think you get skid pad and other car control exercises, as you do at the chapter's Highway Safety School. Maybe someone who has done both can chime in here.
    I think we got 1 skid pad session. It was more to experience the skid than controlling or inducing it. NCC gives you more instruction when it comes to that. The Center gives you a nice Safety School but the real fun is the autocross circuit. First a short one, then the full course. I think it's worth the money to beat on someone elses car. They actually want you to push them. Faster! Faster! Also it's a chance to drive different cars. It's unlikely that I will ever own any of the cars we drove.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Still looking for someone to share room with me Wed-Thu nights at the Lodge.

-- Jason

Still room for Thursday-Friday.
    I know I wanna go.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Ill be there.. and Ill be bringing Hawk / Carbotech brakepads to the event. Will take credit cards on the spot!
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

Found a roommate, thanks

-- Jason

Any of you guys going (or anyone really) have a spare helmet by any chance that I could borrow for the event? I ordered a new pyrotect helmet online but due to a little back order problem it doesn't look I'll be able to receive it as early as next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Any of you guys going (or anyone really) have a spare helmet by any chance that I could borrow for the event? I ordered a new pyrotect helmet online but due to a little back order problem it doesn't look I'll be able to receive it as early as next week.
    OG Racing is your friend

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    OG Racing is your friend
    You're right Jason, I just shelled out the cash for a new one so of course I would love if someone was generous enough to let me borrow a spare for 2 days instead of shelling out additional dough

Any good time for me to drop by, on Friday, just to shoot the breeze and be sociable?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Any good time for me to drop by, on Friday, just to shoot the breeze and be sociable?

Mazda drivers sent out an email stating that people doign Sat-Sun won't be allowed to enter until 5:30. Which, to me, doesn't sound right. Are you doing the Mazda event?

-- Jason

Thread Information