Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Clear Bra

Thread: Clear Bra

Clear Bra

i travel the Beltway frequently and want to protect the car from all the debris. One, are clear bras good for this and if so, what's a good brand and installer?

Thanks.

I don't have a clear bra on my car but I have seen work done by D&L Window Tinting (http://www.dltinting.com) in White Marsh, MD (they also have another location is Parkville, MD). They sell 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

I'll have to check them out. I'm in NOVA but I might run up there and take a look. BTW, how's the Denali working out for you? My wife and I have an 04 as well.

I love my Denali. Just not as much when I pull up to the pump. But it is a great people and equipment hauler with a super comfortable ride. Being a true gearhead, I put a cold air intake system on it as well.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

I have a clear bra and it works very well for me. Try xpel.com and you can find an installer near you. Most are mobile, so it doesn't have to be that close. Got mine 2+ years ago and paid about $550.

Yea, the ride is comfy. I took my family and inlaws to Disney last summer. It held up great. AC on blast and 100 lbs. of luggage on top. The pump is killin' me though.
    ---------------------------
    Proud "renewed" BMWCCA Member
    06' 330i
    04' Yukon Denali (wife's ride)

PSETO- I'll take a look at xpel. There seem to be a few dealers nearby. Are you getting a lot of wax build up around the edges?
    06' 330i

The clear bra on my car is great. Makes getting all those bugs off the front end a piece of cake, not to mention it protects against chips. I've still managed to get a couple chips in the hood above where the clear bra ends. That's what I get for merging behind a dump truck.
    -Hampton

Phat Ham,
    Yea, I've merged behind a few overloaded dump myself!
    06' 330i

Thanks SharkD.
    06' 330i

You might also consider "leading edge"/"helicopter" tape -- it's what you put on the leading edges of rotor blades, props, wings and race cars to protect them from damage.

Thread Information