Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Window Tinting

Thread: Window Tinting

Talking Window Tinting

Hello list. I'm back to the club although my membership hasn't arrived yet. Well I'm looking for a good tint shop for my e90 330. Can you all recommend any good places? Any brand of film better than another?

Thanks.

I had my tint done at D&L Window Tinting (http://www.dltinting.com) in White Marsh, MD (they also have another location is Parville, MD). I had them install Solargard Tint and it is 20% Tint. They offer 50% (Legal in MD), 35% (Borderline), and 20% Tint (What I have). I think MD State Police allow 32% total tint (I believe this is a light transmittance value). D&L offers a cool deal. If you have to have the tint removed due to damage or ticket, they will remove it for $25.00 and put the same tint back on for a $50 charge. The 540 tinting cost around $225 including the damage/removal insurance. I have had the tint on for 3 years now and have no complaints. They sell both Solargard and 3M film. I actually prefer the Solargard products. I had a bad experience with 3M film on my Denali; don't know if it was a bad lot of film or what but I replaced it with Sungard and everything was fine. Call them up to schedule an appointment. The staff is very informative and the install takes about 30-45 minutes.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Tom,
    Thanks for the info on DL. I'll remember Solargard- no 3M.

-d
    ---------------------------
    Proud "renewed" BMWCCA Member
    06' 330i
    04' Yukon Denali (wife's ride)

I just had my '05 330i tinted by Freeway Tint (www.freewaytint.com) of Fairfax - he's mobile so if you have a clean, well lit space he'll come to you and take care of it. I got Lluhmar (sp) metalic film (50% tint) which is guarenteed not to fade or change color for less than $250 (LA Tint wanted $280). I had my F250's windows done first (as a guinea pig) and was very pleased with his work and have since recommended him to two other friends who have also had thier cars done.

I also have the clear bra from the dealership (sterling BMW) and I can already see where it's saved my hood from stone chips - unless you are a dilligent cleaner you will notice a buildup along the edge of the film but i'm glad i have it.

Dave
    Last edited by WNNAM3; 04-13-2006 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNNAM3
    I also have the clear bra from the dealership (sterling BMW) and I can already see where it's saved my hood from stone chips - unless you are a dilligent cleaner you will notice a buildup along the edge of the film but i'm glad i have it.

Dave
    Dave,

I'm curious, do you wax over the film or just skip it?
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Thread Information