Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Any 1-day events at VIR after May?

Thread: Any 1-day events at VIR after May?

Any 1-day events at VIR after May?

Are there any 1-day events at VIR? $300-400 is (relatively) expensive, and I really only want to spend 1 day on track. Are there any events like this? Most events seem to be 2 days, why is that?

Also, I see NASA has an event on July 28-30, but that interferes with WDCR SCCA Autox event.

Bottom line is I'd like to run VIR for a single day for under $300.

Any input?

I know of no schools that offer one day.
    The only way would to be come a VIR member which will cost you way more than a 2 day school. You really need two days at any track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

why do you need 2 days at a track?

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide
    Speaking for myself, I need to think about the Saturday at night. Think about what I felt I did right or where I can improve. Then Sunday things tend to click.

If you drive only Saturday, you don't have the advantage of doing it all over again on Sunday. Just looking at the first run session of the second day compared to the first, everyone is quicker. If you only drive the second day, others already have the benefit of the day before.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Speaking for myself, I need to think about the Saturday at night. Think about what I felt I did right or where I can improve. Then Sunday things tend to click.
    Or you can do this between your first lap and second lap.

I think one days events are fine, but very few organizations have price allowances for that anymore.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    Or you can do this between your first lap and second lap.
    I'm a slow learner.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Car Guys will let you sign up for only 1 day of their events, but it is still $275.00

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide
    Typically, the two-day requirement is due to instructor assignments and track utilization.

It's quite difficult to schedule people in the correct run group and match them with appropriate instructors. To have to do this independently for Saturday and Sunday makes it nearly impossible.

Furthermore, in many schools the second day builds off of the first day. Therefore, if you miss the first day, you are "behind" on the learning curve. Obviously, if you miss the second day that reason won't apply to you, but it will apply to the person registered for "your spot" in the second day.

Also, since most schools are over two days, the track rental fees are paid for both days. If you only attend one day and the slot can't be filled for the second day, then, guess what, your price just doubled (or the school has to take that loss).

The only recurring example of a "one day school" of which I am aware, is when the NCC conducts it's Highway Safety School at Summit Point (typically on the Jefferson Circuit). On that weekend, we allow people to register for either (or both) Saturday or Sunday. This is due to the nature of the Highway Safety School which is a one-day program which is conducted on Saturday. We allow students to register for the Sunday portion of the event without needing to register for Saturday. Unfortuntately, we only offer this option once a year.

Hope that helps.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Thread Information