Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Local shooting ranges?

Thread: Local shooting ranges?

Local shooting ranges?

Does anyone here do any shooting and have the hook up for a decent range etc?
    My buildup/teardown (ongoing)
    My Seller Feedback
    FOR SALE:

DIY List

I've been thinking about it with a few buddies but haven't done so yet.

The one indoor range I know of is Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, VA (near 28 and 50). I believe they claim to be the largest indoor range in the area. You can also rent firearms from them for a session. There used to be an indoor range in Annandale years ago (maybe still), but I think that was just for pistols.

As for outdoor ranges, there is Fairfax Rod and Gun club or the Izaak Walton League, but I believe membership is required for both. I used to shoot competitively in High School at these ranges, but haven't been to either in 20 years.

I will have to check it out. It would be cool to get together as a small group sometime and go.
    My buildup/teardown (ongoing)
    My Seller Feedback
    FOR SALE:

DIY List

Join the NRA and use the NRA's modern range!

Outdoor shooting, skeet/trap

After it gets above 40 'bloomin degrees outside, try this:

http://www.nvrpa.org/shootingcenter.html

moving targets are always more fun...

might be an excellent BMW club excursion.

Joel B.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slantsixm3

Joel B.
    You will scare the members of the bar in the club with comments like that.
    A good dog beats an attorney any day for flushing and retrieving game.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by slantsixm3

Joel B.
    I'll second this place. The sporting clays are damn hard, at least for me. You can easily spend an entire day at this place. We were there for a good 5 hours. We started with trap, then skeet, then to the sporting clays.

Blue Ridge Arsenal is also good, was just there 2 weeks ago.
    --Jason
    98 M3 Coupe

Theres one in rockville where for 80 bucks and hour you can rent an MP5 M16, Tommy Gun, and numerous other fully automatic rifles... Not only that, you can also buy them for around 15K... I'm kinda worried

Banned
    You have to have a special license I believe from BATF to be able to purchase full auto weapons. A full background check is required along with a stiff fee. That's to do it legally.

It is a lot easier and less costly to purchase one illegally.

Dave Apker

The stiff fee is $200. Which WAS stiff back when it was enacted.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

If you like sporting clays and 5 stand, try http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/782 I've gone many times and lost entire days. The PG County range http://www.shotguninstructor.com/pg_page.html off GoodLuck Road is not bad for a public range.
    Depends on what type of shooting you want to do.
    Is this helpful? Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Banned
    Nothing wrong with owning and possessing full auto weapons. If you want to go shoot off several hundred rounds of ammo be my quest. An MP5, AK7s, AK47, M16 or similar weapon isn't good for much else if you are law abiding.

Criminals and nut cases are still going to get whatever weapon they want.

Personally I think its a crock I cant discharge a firearm in Fairfax County without facing a citation or arrest. If I have to shoot to kill some rabid animal to protect my dogs I will. Have too much money and time invested in my herding dogs.

People kill people not guns.

I prefer a SPAS15 to a full auto assault rifle or sub mg.

Dave Apker

Dave Apker

Thread Information