Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Laws regarding the ability to change posted prices prior to tank empty?

Thread: Laws regarding the ability to change posted prices prior to tank empty?

Laws regarding the ability to change posted prices prior to tank empty?

Is this in effect here? Gas has seem to been going up for WHAT reason again? I don't see a hurricane in the Southern Atlantic brewing so?

Unstability due to Iran or the fact that API.org is running commercials to tell us to get ready to take it in the shorts. Not happy anymore.

MTBE phase out and subsequent move to Ethanol based additives.

Banned
    Don't forget that guys like George Soros and his ilk are playing in the gas and energy futures markets in the hopes of helping the Dems win the House and Senate in 06 and the WH in 08. You have a terrorism premium still of $10 to$15.00 for abarrell of oil too.

Dave Apker

It's the fact that terrorism has been a threat for 5 plus years but this has died down and the latest spike would be? just for the F of it? I mean really last week was down to $1.99 in western Mass and now its back to 2.4ish.

Here was 2.09 when I left and now we are 2.45 and climbing daily 5 cents. But does a store have to sell it's full tanks before it is allowed to increase it's advertised prices because they paid at the advertised price and how dow you jack prices basicly at random.

I pulled into a store that was selling at 2.39 and when I pulled up the pumps read 2.46. That pissed me off big time. Mind you this was for 89 octane.

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    MTBE phase out and subsequent move to Ethanol based additives.
    Second round for ethanol also....was around in the late 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    Second round for ethanol also....was around in the late 70's.
    I thought the EPA just lifted the ethanol/MTBE requirement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,185023,00.html

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

They had but haven't you noticed the push from GM to go green aka yellow. In there e85 ethonol compliant vehicles?

Premium has jumped 20-some-cents in a month around DC... and it won't be cheaper as spring-summer driving picks up.

While the 2% oxygenate rule was elminated by EPA... essentially requiring extra ethanol and MTBE in gasoline... those chemicals are still used as octane boosters.

MTBE is being elminated by most refiners - it gets into the ground and drinking water supplies. It is being replaced by ethanol, which is more difficult to transport, and production of which is at the limit.

Bottom line -- expect higher prices in the coming months and expect to see the excuse that ethanol is in short supply as it replaces MTBE. And of course any hint of terrorism or worsening of the Iraq situation and prices will spike more.

Corn is shortage? Darn I better buy some futures in it....

Gas is still climbing...expect to see 15 cents more in the next week according to a driver for BTL. I was asking him a question and he mentioned it.

Another excuse to line our Seanator's pockets as well as big business coffers due to the didn't make another record profit last quarter as they had the two prior.

And Virginia is trying to raise the gas tax to help fund our transportation problem. Nice.

Thread Information