So, I've been a BMW club member for over a year now, mainly just to keep up with current BMW trends (via the free rags) and so I could register early for the autocrosses (SCCA is getting to time consuming and demanding). As a side benefit Carbotech has been giving me 10% off brake pads for my cars, Mustang, Mazda, etc. I called up this week and was informed that if I am going to use my BMW Club discount to order pads the pad HAD to be for a BMW, otherwise the discount didn't apply. Also, the discount is only good for certain things....they would not apply to to the rear pads I was ordering for my Mazda (they gave me the discount this time, but for future purchases they would not).

I'm not sure who works up these sort of things between vendors and the club but I think it needs to be spelt out more clearly in the membership benfits (either on the BMW site or Carbotech, since they are using BMW Club as a promotion) how the discount applys and should be good for the term of that membership. It's sort of the old bait and switch saying I'd get 10% off pads from vendor X then be told I'm not getting that anymore. Oh and if you think 10% is pocket change I pay $150 for a set of FRONT pads that last about 2 weekends. I do about 8 weekends a year, plus testing, plus rear pads. With a 10% discount that was MORE than paying my BMW membership. Guess I'll be looking for another club to join so I can keep the discount. (I'm still sticking w/ BMW, for the autocross ).

Just wanted to give you guys and FYI and see if there was anyone to contact about talking Carbotech out of this. They make a great product, but treat their customers like shit sometimes (I have other examples but that wasn't the point of this thread).