Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Cost of Ownership

Thread: Cost of Ownership

Cost of Ownership

For a project I'm working on, I need to get a good estimate for the cost of ownership for the first three years for the M5 and M3. Specifically I'm looking for:
    - Out-of-pocket maintenance expenses (planned and unplanned)
    - Other repair costs
    - Tire wear
    - Reliability (how many days was your car not available in a year due to maintenance or other repairs).
    - Taxes and Fees if you live in VA. (I live in MD and don't get the property tax model in VA....)

If you have a 2004 or newer model, please leave me a private message and I can give you more details. Thanks in advance.

Does it have to be a 2004 or newer?

I have a 2000 M5, and I'll bet you the costs are nearly identical, considering the limited number of changes made between 00 and 04.

Rich

If new, then pretty much none. With the warranty and maintenance agreement, costs are covered.

Tire wear depends on how you drive. Some people get less than 10K miles on the OEM tires, others get over 25K.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Thread Information