Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Mintex - worth it?

Thread: Mintex - worth it?

Mintex - worth it?

I'm looking for some high(er) performance pads for track / autox this year. I'm looking at the Mintex C-Tech's, and I'm wondering if they're worth 3x the price of the stock pads (154.95 bavauto.com). Any opinions on these would be appreciated, as would any advice or suggestions for other pads. Thanks
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Not sure about the Mintex, but I like my Hawk High Performance Street pads. They worked well at Summit Point this past summer, and they seem to work well for autocross and the street. They also generate a lot less dust than the OEM pads. However, they run about the same price as the C-Tech's.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

And I'm a Carbotech fan.
    Stock pads are scary when you are used to track pads.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    I'm looking for some high(er) performance pads for track / autox this year. I'm looking at the Mintex C-Tech's, and I'm wondering if they're worth 3x the price of the stock pads (154.95 bavauto.com). Any opinions on these would be appreciated, as would any advice or suggestions for other pads. Thanks
    i used them on the rear brakes of my e30 325is race car. worked fine. i would get them from www.bimmerworld.com instead of bav auto though. that price you quoted seems awful high. bimmerworld also carries all hawk's and the new line of performance friction. call them up, they will steer you in the right direction.

Thread Information