Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New Unlimited Class for 2006
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Unlimited Class for 2006

New Unlimited Class for 2006

As someone who plans to run SuperSport Modified this year and will benefit from not having to complete against . . . . .well, I can think of Neil Simon's M Coupe, I don't think this new class is needed.

As much as Neil might like competing in a class of one, I wonder who else has a car that will qualify. Hausmann? Oh yeah - Bud Scriber.

M3s already have Stock, Prepared, and Modified categories. Now if they run aftermarket cams or remove the back seat they have a fourth place to run? I hope there's enough "Unlimited" cars to make this class worthwhile.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I don't see the rules for this new class listed anywhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    As someone who plans to run SuperSport Modified this year and will benefit from not having to complete against . . . . .well, I can think of Neil Simon's M Coupe, I don't think this new class is needed.

As much as Neil might like competing in a class of one, I wonder who else has a car that will qualify. Hausmann? Oh yeah - Bud Scriber.

M3s already have Stock, Prepared, and Modified categories. Now if they run aftermarket cams or remove the back seat they have a fourth place to run? I hope there's enough "Unlimited" cars to make this class worthwhile.
    I argued the number of cars issue at the meeting. They pointed out there are a several cars that would fall in that category and more appear to be showing up every season.

If you really want to compete against Neil, you can always upclass yourself.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    I don't see the rules for this new class listed anywhere ?
    It's in a locked thread posted by Pete Lem a few days ago:

This season we are adding 3 new classes. Unlimited, MINI and MINI modified. The purpose of the additional classes is to better support our members and hopefully allow a more level playing field within the classes. The definitions of the new classes are listed below.

Unlimited Class

This class is essentially SM (SCCA) cars. Basically it is an anything goes class. Enjoy.

FI, nitrous, non-stock internals (cams, trick heads, etc.)

* removal of rear seat, dash, instrumentation other than radio, sound deadening material in cockpit, any interior panels and devices (grab handles, lights, heater core, hvac hoses & piping, etc.)

* non-OEM (carbon fiber or fiberglass) body panels

* race (non-DOT-approved) tires

MINI classes are being added as a test for this season. They are contingent on MINI participation. If there are not enough cars who qualify for championship points MINIs will return to X and XR the following season.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    If you really want to compete against Neil, you can always upclass yourself.

---Eric
    I didn't say I WANTED to compete against Neil. I understand his car is pretty fast.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-12-2006 at 09:07 AM.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    I WANTED to compete against Neil. I understand his car is pretty fast.
    We will try to remember to adjust the rules next season so that you are in his class. Sorry about the confusion.

---Eric

The addition of a Super Mod class means changing the rules for the current/previous Mod class. When will this be done? People are going to need to know what seperates a Mod car from a Super Mod car.

So having cams automatically puts me in Unlimited?
    -Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Ham
    So having cams automatically puts me in Unlimited?

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric

---Eric
    ok just making sure

/waiting for Nick325xit5speedm36speed323iracecar to say something
    -Hampton

Cool, so Bud and Neil can fight it out in a 2 car class...

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    Cool, so Bud and Neil can fight it out in a 2 car class...
    Plus Austin, Hampton and Woody (just so he can compete with Neil)... I think we might be surprised how many cars fall in that class. Then again, I haven't gone through the registrations.

---Eric

Ok, I'm the smartass around here, you should stop being one. More classes are fine with me, you're the one that has to do the extra work. I understand the idea behind it. When my car was out an about, it was an overdog for MSS, but there aren't that many out there. Cams and headwork aren't going to make any difference on a lot like Bowie, maybe a blower would though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    ...aren't going to make any difference on a lot like Bowie, maybe a blower would though.
    Hmmm... Interesting idea. Do you really think a leaf blower would be better than using a broom sweep the course?

---Eric

Thread Information