Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Att. 2002 Owners...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Att. 2002 Owners...

Att. 2002 Owners...

I have a 72 tii.Who is the best a diagnosis and repair.Your reccomendations and experiences w/local shops would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    jgm
    jgm@starpower.net

I would recommend
    Quality Car Services
    210 North Stonestreet Avenue
    Rockville, Maryland
    301-340-8269
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Alexandria Bavarian Service

You'll love owner Grant Randall's 72 tii.

Alexandria Bavarian Service
    316 E. Raymond Ave.
    703-836-2002
    bavariantii@verizon.net

block off Rt 1, just south of Crystal City

I'd also recommend Dan Martin.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thanks.....
    jgm

Manassas Motorwerkes
    8457 Park Center Ct # B
    Manassas Park, VA 20111
    703-393-1500

Everytime I have been in there, they have at least one 2002 in the shop. The owner races '02s and one of his techs is in the process of a full '02 restoration.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

When I asked this question of the '02 group...

I was told the best tii mechanics were a guy in north NJ and Bill Ballon in Pittsburgh. Bill was a tremendous help in sorting out "Juanita" - he's worked on '02s since they were new. I have his contact info at the office, but you can probably do a search and find him.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John,
    Thanks.Met w/ Paul W. over at AT SPEED.The guy is a wizard....wow what a facility.
    jgm
    jgm@starpower.net

I haven't been to Paul's new digs...

Maybe we can set it as a destination or stopping point on a cruise. It would give Paul a chance to be overcome by '02ers again!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Another question for the 2002 guys. I know they were designed for leaded fuels, do you guys do anything in terms of additives, etc, or what octane rating do you use?

I use premium v. octane boosters...

Hardened valve seats (?) have been used since the 80s, and do fine w/out lead. I have 10:1 pistons & some super-slick headwork, and "Juanita" doesn't like anything but premium.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I always use 93 and keep some octane booster just in case...

'74 2002 Newbie: Hello and Questions

Hi guys, just was given a '74 2002, she's in great mechanical shape, but is suffering from the typical rust demons--looks like I'll need 2 new rocker panels, a driver's floorboard patch, and a bunch of surface rust repair. I have a feeling that I might find more rust once she's up on the lift. After that, paint (Verona red). Have any of you had good luck with local shops--who is the best for rust repair? I don't want a garage queen, just a weekend fair weather car that's structurally sound and looks good from 15 feet away (in other words, I don't have $10K to drop on her). I'd liek to take the car to someone who can give me an honest appraisal of the path forward with typical costs. Joining CCA this week, so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you.

Thanks,
    Jason

www.2002faq.com there are quite a few of us VA guys that have experiance with them. Mine is limited.

Thread Information