Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Att. 2002 Owners...

Thread: Att. 2002 Owners...

Hybrid View

Att. 2002 Owners...

I have a 72 tii.Who is the best a diagnosis and repair.Your reccomendations and experiences w/local shops would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    jgm
    jgm@starpower.net

I would recommend
    Quality Car Services
    210 North Stonestreet Avenue
    Rockville, Maryland
    301-340-8269
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Alexandria Bavarian Service

You'll love owner Grant Randall's 72 tii.

Alexandria Bavarian Service
    316 E. Raymond Ave.
    703-836-2002
    bavariantii@verizon.net

block off Rt 1, just south of Crystal City

I'd also recommend Dan Martin.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thanks.....
    jgm

Manassas Motorwerkes
    8457 Park Center Ct # B
    Manassas Park, VA 20111
    703-393-1500

Everytime I have been in there, they have at least one 2002 in the shop. The owner races '02s and one of his techs is in the process of a full '02 restoration.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

When I asked this question of the '02 group...

I was told the best tii mechanics were a guy in north NJ and Bill Ballon in Pittsburgh. Bill was a tremendous help in sorting out "Juanita" - he's worked on '02s since they were new. I have his contact info at the office, but you can probably do a search and find him.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John,
    Thanks.Met w/ Paul W. over at AT SPEED.The guy is a wizard....wow what a facility.
    jgm
    jgm@starpower.net

I haven't been to Paul's new digs...

Maybe we can set it as a destination or stopping point on a cruise. It would give Paul a chance to be overcome by '02ers again!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Another question for the 2002 guys. I know they were designed for leaded fuels, do you guys do anything in terms of additives, etc, or what octane rating do you use?

I always use 93 and keep some octane booster just in case...

www.2002faq.com there are quite a few of us VA guys that have experiance with them. Mine is limited.

Thread Information