Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Convertibles on racetracks-

Thread: Convertibles on racetracks-

Convertibles on racetracks-

I was wondering if there is a place to take a stock E46 convertible during track days, etc.? I understand that w/o a roll cage they aren't necessarily welcome during autocross, driving schools, etc., but I'd like to see what the car can do in a safe environment, while avoiding issues with the Virginia State Police. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You are fine at NCC autocrosses.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thanks for the very quick response- I haven't read the fine print in a while. I'm looking forward to the Autocross School...

You can do Friday at the Track (FATT) at Summit Point with a convertible.

www.bsr-inc.com

First event is March 24.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    You can do Friday at the Track (FATT) at Summit Point with a convertible.

www.bsr-inc.com

First event is March 24.
    Vehicle Eligibility

1. Street cars on street tires. (Certain SUV's and trucks are eligible. You must call for approval.)
    2. Roll bars are mandatory for all convertibles.
    3. Functional factory or "pop up" roll bars are acceptable such as Porsche Boxster or BMW Z3.
    4. Driver's and passenger's seat must provide identical protection, including seat belts and roll bar padding.
    5. Some racecars from various sanctioning bodies are FATT eligible provided they meet all BSR tech requirements. This includes a passenger seat for all Group 1 and Group 2I participants.

I would call them first since I believe the popups are in the rear headrests. Not familar with the front.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-09-2006 at 12:35 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information