Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Would anyone want to attend the MegaMeet in April?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone want to attend the MegaMeet in April?

Would anyone want to attend the MegaMeet in April?

MEGA MEET #9: Saturday, April 1st, 2006 7:00pm-11:00pm
    The largest meet that the Mid Atlantic Area has seen will be back for everyone to enjoy after the winter break on Saturday, April 1, 2006 from 7:30p.m. to 11:00p.m. All of the sponsors are so excited for the next MEGA MEET because of how large it has grown during the 2005 season. This means ALOT more prizes for the raffle, plenty of free handouts, food and drink. Also, each meet holds different surprises that you will just have to show up to find out what they are.
    It doesn't matter if you are part of a large car club, or just a single individual who enjoys being around other auto enthusiasts. This is a meet for everyone and anyone.....bring as many people as possible. The more people the merrier, but unlike other meets, good behavior will be enforced!!!!! There is no driving around the lot because this causes traffic problems and safety issues for everyone especially the younger car enthusiasts that attend the meet with their parents.
    You cannot miss the meet because the exit ramp coming off of I-95N actually circles around the lot. The address of the lot is 1180 Annapolis Way in Woodbridge, Virginia (GoogleMap | VDOT map) Here are directions for the people who were not able to attend last month's meet....

From regions south of Woodbridge...
    Take I-95 North towards Washington and look for the Route 123 exits. There are 2 exits and you need to take the second one (the exit # is 160B). When you get off onto the second Route 123 exit it will circle around the commuter lot and you can exit right into the lot off of the exit ramp.
    From regions north of Woodbridge...
    Take I-95 South towards Richmond and get off at exit 161 (Route 1). It is a left exit off of I-95 so watch out for this. Once on the exit, be careful of speed traps right after you go under the overpass because the speed limit drops down to 35mph. Go thru the first traffice light, cross over the bridge, go thru the second traffic light. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Gordon Blvd/Route 123. Stay in the right hand lane, continue on through the first traffic light and then you will see a sign for the "commuter lot". Make a right at the second traffic light and continue down the road, pass the hotel on your left, go under the overpass and enter into the commuter lot.
    If you still are not sure on how to get there, please contact us at one of the following #'s....(703) 501-6444 for Ryan or (540) 840-3821 for Bryan
    Hope to see a bunch of you there. Lets make this meet bigger and better than the last one (if that is possible)!
    Ryan/Bryan

www.EastCoastEuro.net will be hosting a cruise from Tysons Corner down to the MegaMeet and will have food, drinks, music, and lots of enthusiasts. Would any NCC guys be interested in joining?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    Would any NCC guys be interested in joining?
    Write something up and I'd be happy to put it on our calendar.
    You never know.

Just look at other events to get an idea what is needed.

Time
    Place
    Directions

Description of event

Contact info.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Chase,

NCC has its Highway Safety School on April 1 - probably not the same "target market" for the Mega Meet, but still a conflict in the schedule.

I'll be attending the annual MS Walk on April 1, depending on when we get finished, I would like to attend this Meet. Do I need to register for the event? Is there any cost for admission? Are you planning on attending with other BMW owners?

Now for the real important question - can you put me in contact with the person who booked this lot? I've had my eye on that location for an autocross for a couple of years.

Steven,

Chase's post includes all the info you requested. Can you post a link to this thread on the NCC calendar page?

Thanks,
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Definitely interested......are there any costs associated? How do I go about registering for the event?
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 02-28-2006 at 07:43 AM. Reason: extranneous quote removed
    "Supplying Your Dreams"
    '02-'03 BMW M5 Dinan S2 Package-Spring '06
    '00 BMW 540iA Sport Package, Premium Package-Have
    '03 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG-Have
    '02 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE7-Sold
    '00 Mercedes Benz ML320-Sold
    '98 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 5-speed-Totalled

No registration required. iirc, its $1 admission, which includes a raffle. We should be setting up a drive from Rockville -> Tysons -> Springfield -> Woodbridge, so you'd be free to meet up at any point. It would be great to see some CCA guys out there, especially a Dinan M5 if you have it .

~Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Chase,

NCC has its Highway Safety School on April 1 - probably not the same "target market" for the Mega Meet, but still a conflict in the schedule.

I'll be attending the annual MS Walk on April 1, depending on when we get finished, I would like to attend this Meet. Do I need to register for the event? Is there any cost for admission? Are you planning on attending with other BMW owners?

Now for the real important question - can you put me in contact with the person who booked this lot? I've had my eye on that location for an autocross for a couple of years.

Steven,

Chase's post includes all the info you requested. Can you post a link to this thread on the NCC calendar page?

Thanks,
    Raf, if you go to the link I provided, it has contact information for two guys who run the thing. I have never spoken with them but I am sure they will be able to help you out with the lot.

As for the meet, its open to anyone though I will be going down with guys from ECE (eastcoasteuro.net) which consists primarily of BMWs... that in mind, I thought I would post it up on here and get some fanatics to come down)

Can someone explain what goes on at a "meet"?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

You just hang out, socialize, walk around and check out the other cars. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but you meet a lot of interesting people.

Raf, if you go to the link I provided, it has contact information for two guys who run the thing. I have never spoken with them but I am sure they will be able to help you out with the lot.

As for the meet, its open to anyone though I will be going down with guys from ECE (eastcoasteuro.net) which consists primarily of BMWs... that in mind, I thought I would post it up on here and get some fanatics to come down)

Chase,

Can you PM me with contact information for whomever administors that lot?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
    NCC Autocross Chairman

Pete,

Looks like a nice lot for an autocross

I think that it is a VDOT commuter Park-and-Ride lot. So it would be administered by VDOT.
    Last edited by SMOODY; 03-02-2006 at 10:05 AM.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Chase,

Can you PM me with contact information for whomever administors that lot?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
    NCC Autocross Chairman
    If you go to http://megameet.org they have contact info on there and they have phone numbers for the two guys that run it..

as for what happens, its basicly a HUGE parking lot with HUNDREDS of cars of all makes and models. The drivers typically try and divy up the lot by makes and then form little "camps" of owners who will chat, walk around, check out other owners similar makes, and then walk around and look at other cars. It's a lot of fun and you will meet a lot of younger bmw enthusaists... I also think it would be a good chance for some CCA members to come out and see what the "younger crowd" wants out of a car club.

If you go to http://megameet.org they have contact info on there and they have phone numbers for the two guys that run it..

as for what happens, its basicly a HUGE parking lot with HUNDREDS of cars of all makes and models. The drivers typically try and divy up the lot by makes and then form little "camps" of owners who will chat, walk around, check out other owners similar makes, and then walk around and look at other cars. It's a lot of fun and you will meet a lot of younger bmw enthusaists... I also think it would be a good chance for some CCA members to come out and see what the "younger crowd" wants out of a car club.

Edit: no phone numbers on the website but I'll try the numbers on a previous response.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-03-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Edit: no phone numbers on the website but I'll try the numbers on a previous response.

Pete
    You could always just try using the "contact" link and email them.
    info at mega meet dot org

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I'm going to call later tonight when I get home.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    No registration required. iirc, its $1 admission, which includes a raffle. We should be setting up a drive from Rockville -> Tysons -> Springfield -> Woodbridge, so you'd be free to meet up at any point. It would be great to see some CCA guys out there, especially a Dinan M5 if you have it .

~Ryan
    Thanks for the info.

Lol.....don't have the DINAN M5 quite yet.....that's coming in a couple more months when the weather breaks and it gets a little warmer outside. However, I'll make sure to bring it out to a meet(s) when I get it. I'm just deciding now between the S2/S3 E39 M5 or a new E60 M5....however I don't want a SMG.....and the manual tranny E60 M5 won't be available until the July/Aug timeframe. We'll just have to see when it comes time for me to make my purchase.
    Last edited by wwb4; 03-03-2006 at 07:47 PM.
    "Supplying Your Dreams"
    '02-'03 BMW M5 Dinan S2 Package-Spring '06
    '00 BMW 540iA Sport Package, Premium Package-Have
    '03 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG-Have
    '02 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE7-Sold
    '00 Mercedes Benz ML320-Sold
    '98 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 5-speed-Totalled

Thread Information