Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Wagon Works Can't Be Serious!!!!!!!

Thread: Wagon Works Can't Be Serious!!!!!!!

Wagon Works Can't Be Serious!!!!!!!

As some of you guys on here know, I have been collecting pieces all winter for my cars complete body overhaul. Included in the transformation are

-sideskirts
    -rear add on
    -new front bumper
    -new front lip for the bumper
    -m3 mirrors

and a repaint of my acs 3 piece spoiler.

That being said, I went over to wagon works to have an estimate written up and after about an hour or so got my total.............

$2508.86

I almost wanted to cry when they gave me that fiture. I understand that this is one of (if not the) best body shop in the MD/DC/VA area but that just sounds sooooo steep. I had been told that it would probably cost between 1000-1500 for all the above parts to be painted and installed... what do you guys think???

Here is a breakdown of the charges

Body labor (21.6 hours at 42 an hour) $907.20
    Paint labor (20.9 hours at 42 an hour) $877.80
    Paint supplies (20.9 hours at 28 an hour) $585.20
    Sublet/misc. 17.00
    Subtotal $24785.20
    Sales tax 673.20 @ 5% $33.66
    Grand total $2508.86

That is the total for paint and installation of the above parts... and, for all that money, they said they won't fix up my acs 3 piece spoiler so i would have to spend another 300 on top of that having a guy in MD do that for me. Is Wagon Works estimate even somewhat reasonable or is it just me?

Chase

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    He is an artist, not a body shop guy. If you want perfection (or as close to it as you're going to get), he's a good start. If you want a good job at a reasonable price, I think you know you need to look elsewhere.

Vic
    i understand that... and i am willing to pay extra for great work, but double the price seems excessively excessively excessive.

Chase,

As Vic said, Wagon Works is *the* best place for body and paint work. They are very pricey and what may be worse is that they usually take quite a bit of time. However, when you get the car back, it *will* be perfect.

As Barry pointed out in your other thread, try Springfield Auto Body for a second quote. Numerous people have been very happy with their work and the price will likely be much closer to what you were expecting.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Banned
    Check out Edison High School of Franconia Rd. They have a body shop program for high school students. There work is going to be equal to Spring Flied if not better. They get graded on it. And you total cost will be for supplies only so figure $500 to $800. Now you have to hurry because you want to get in before school year ends.

BTW Wagonworks is worth the price. Only shop I will use. If you car is in a collision they will work with you not with the insurance company. Many insurance companies will not work with Wagonwork or amke it diffuclt.

Dave Apker and collies all covered with mud and sheep poop

Master Crafters, Master Crafters in Rockville...

PeteinMD

Quote Originally Posted by peteinmd
    Master Crafters, Master Crafters in Rockville...

PeteinMD
    I've seen their work on Dave Roach's 2002. They did an excellent job.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

2nd Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Chase,
    As Vic said, Wagon Works is *the* best place for body and paint work. They are very pricey and what may be worse is that they usually take quite a bit of time. However, when you get the car back, it *will* be perfect.

As Barry pointed out in your other thread, try Springfield Auto Body for a second quote. Numerous people have been very happy with their work and the price will likely be much closer to what you were expecting.

I always recommend a 2nd opinion. If you want to get one from Springfield Auto Body, call them on (703) 569-5055. Talk to only Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) and tell them I referred you. They'll take care of you.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

They "can" and will continue to charge those type of prices because they are one of the best if not the "best" in the tri-state area.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 02-28-2006 at 07:44 AM. Reason: extranneous quote removed
    "Supplying Your Dreams"
    '02-'03 BMW M5 Dinan S2 Package-Spring '06
    '00 BMW 540iA Sport Package, Premium Package-Have
    '03 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG-Have
    '02 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE7-Sold
    '00 Mercedes Benz ML320-Sold
    '98 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 5-speed-Totalled

Thread Information