Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dealership "Ratings" Website

Thread: Dealership "Ratings" Website

Dealership "Ratings" Website

Is this site legit?

http://www.dealerrater.com/search/de...Name=&x=15&y=3

I am looking to buy a new car for my wife soon. Hopefully, it will be another Bimmer...she likes Lexus!

If many of us spend a moment reviewing the comments, we can collectively determine if this resource should be a keeper. Thanks.
    Last edited by wnelms; 02-24-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Lexus - the anti-bimmer

They are getting better though. They are very nice, comfortable, quiet, reliable, and about as fun to drive as a refrigerator.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    I've only used two dealers in this area (Towson and Tischer), and have had good results from both. YMMV. OAC. And, of course, avoid Volkswagen Of Bethesda.

Vic
    I think a lot of people don't separate complaints about sales and service. To me, they should be completely separate results for rating a dealership. I know a lot of people who are willing to travel across the country to get a good deal on a car. For service you are pretty much limited to what is in your immediate area. I know a lot of people who have bought their cars from VOB and have been satisfied yet at the same time I know a lot of people who won't bring their cars there for service. To have a rating system that merges both service and sales isn't useful IMHO.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I've heard about that site, and actually posted comments there myself. However, I would definitely have to agree with what several posters have said in regards that unfortunately people aren't able to seperate or differentiate between sales and service.......and also it can't be moderated......anybody can get on there and type as many comments as they like whether or not they really have experience with sales/service at a particular dealership.
    "Supplying Your Dreams"
    '02-'03 BMW M5 Dinan S2 Package-Spring '06
    '00 BMW 540iA Sport Package, Premium Package-Have
    '03 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG-Have
    '02 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE7-Sold
    '00 Mercedes Benz ML320-Sold
    '98 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 5-speed-Totalled

It's interesting ready all the comments.
    For instance, when I bought my 98 ti from Passport, it was a great buying experience and service was excellent. It's all how you treat people. Bagels and cream cheese go a long way.

When we bought our MINI from Sterling, I don't have any major complaints. I now bring the MINI to Towson because Bill is there.

Wherever you go you need to develop a relationship.
    I buy parts from Tischer (sorry Bill) since they are close to me.
    Plus Donnie in parts always treats me well.

VOB, well that is another story. When I was looking for a new car they wouldn't give me the time of day. Anytime I needed to buy a part it was special order and expensive.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    VOB, well that is another story. When I was looking for a new car they wouldn't give me the time of day. Anytime I needed to buy a part it was special order and expensive.
    I've heard a lot of the same negative things about VOB, I try to stay away from them at all causes.
    "Supplying Your Dreams"
    '02-'03 BMW M5 Dinan S2 Package-Spring '06
    '00 BMW 540iA Sport Package, Premium Package-Have
    '03 Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG-Have
    '02 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE7-Sold
    '00 Mercedes Benz ML320-Sold
    '98 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 5-speed-Totalled

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    When we bought our MINI from Sterling, I don't have any major complaints. I now bring the MINI to Towson because Bill is there.

Wherever you go you need to develop a relationship.
    I buy parts from Tischer (sorry Bill) since they are close to me.
    Plus Donnie in parts always treats me well.
    Thanks Steven. Donnie is a good guy. I went to a BMW Managers Academy with him.

Just to to toot our own horn for a second............ we did just receive BMW’s Center of Excellence award
    We finished 2005 #1 in CSI in market 16 (Baltimore/Philadelphia) and ranked 26th out of 340 BMW centers nationally.

regarding the original request about dealerrater... it's certainly not scientific research... relies simply on voluntary input and i'm sure there's no way to check the validity of the entries.

generally speaking, regarding a new car purchase, you might want to shop for price for bargaining purposes, but try to buy from the dealer where you expect to service the car. you might do better establishing a relationship with the dealer if you do warranty/maintenance work where you buy it.

Thread Information