Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best place to have body work done???
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best place to have body work done???

Best place to have body work done???

I am having a large deal of body stuff painted on my car (sideskirts, front bumper, mirrors, rear bumper add on, etc, etc) and need the BEST body shop in the area.. I tried to get a good deal when I put on my spoiler and ended up with a wavy POS on the back of my car... So, this time I am willing to suck up the additional costs to ensure a great job. Any suggestions on where to go?

Where are you? In Rockville, MD area, I think the best is supposed to be Master Crafters on Westmore Road in Rockville, at least for collision repair, not sure about custom work.
    - John
    Gaithersburg, MD
    2000 Porsche C2
    1972 BMW 2002tii
    1992 Miata (SCCA SSM)

Banned
    Wagonwerk in Alexandria Va but if you have time and want to save money you need to hurry. Check out Edison High School in Alexandria. Their body shop program might be able to help you out. Students get graded on their work etc.

Dave Apker

I am thinking of going to wagon werks as everyone speaks so highly of them. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    I am having a large deal of body stuff painted on my car (sideskirts, front bumper, mirrors, rear bumper add on, etc, etc) and need the BEST body shop in the area.. I tried to get a good deal when I put on my spoiler and ended up with a wavy POS on the back of my car... So, this time I am willing to suck up the additional costs to ensure a great job. Any suggestions on where to go?
    Sorry for joining this thread late, but I recommend Springfield Auto Body.
    They do top quality work.

More than a few members of this Forum can attest to that.

Be sure to tell them I referred you. Call (703) 569-5055 and ask for either Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager).
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Barry,
    I went to Wagon Work in Arlington which is considered to be one fo the top in the area (if not the top of the top). Anyway, they quoted me at 2500 bucks for

m3 mirrors, m3 bumper, front cf add on, sideskirts, and a rear add on...

What do you think your place would want for that type of work?

Good Question

Barry,
    I went to Wagon Work in Arlington which is considered to be one fo the top in the area (if not the top of the top). Anyway, they quoted me at 2500 bucks for

I know very little about body work, so I wouldn't want to hazard a guess.
    But, if I were you, I would want to get a 2nd estimate.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Barry,

I went to Springfield Autobody based on Barry's numerous recommendations here to have my 03 M5 front bumper and driver's rearview mirror hoursing repainted. I was quoted just about $500. I also got an estimate from the bodyshop that BMW of Arlington uses in Alexandria (near Wagon Werks) and it came out to about $800 including a new front bumper. My hood has quite a bit of stone chips so I am thinking of having that repainted as well, but concerned about the paint match after the work is done.

Does anyone know of a good clear bra installer in the area?

Thanks.

John.

Well, I was just rear-ended by a guy with State Farm policy and they flat out said that they do not work with Wagon Werk and Wagon Werk admitted to having their customer's typically paying 20 to 30% out of pocket with State Farm.

Springfield Autobody is authorized and will take care of everythig b/w State Farm, though. I am concerned about them matching LeMans Blue on mine, but I may end up going there after all.

Tell them...

Quote Originally Posted by jbshin
    Well, I was just rear-ended by a guy with State Farm policy and they flat out said that they do not work with Wagon Werk and Wagon Werk admitted to having their customer's typically paying 20 to 30% out of pocket with State Farm.
    Springfield Autobody is authorized and will take care of everythig b/w State Farm, though. I am concerned about them matching LeMans Blue on mine, but I may end up going there after all.
    Sorry to hear about your accident.
    If you do take your car to Springfield Auto Body be sure to talk only to Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) and be sure to tell them I referred you. They will do an amazing job matching the paint. You won't be sorry.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

In reference to 'concerned about them matching LeMans Blue', Springfield Auto Body did a wonderfull job on my Lemans Blue '02 M5. In my case, the repair did not involve any sheet metal and they painted/clear coated a new bumper cover seperately and then installed such. The color match and every other aspect of the job was excellent.

Greg

Cool

Any suggestions for a body shop in the Bowie/Annapolis area?
    Wife hit an immovable object in her Z4.
    Thanks. Tom
    Last edited by tgmeyer; 05-05-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang20878 View Post
    Where are you? In Rockville, MD area, I think the best is supposed to be Master Crafters on Westmore Road in Rockville, at least for collision repair, not sure about custom work.
    I second this recommendation. Just had them repair my 03 M3 rear bumper with park distance control sensors. Was rear-ended at red light. Very professional, very friendly, and great communication. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

ugh...avoid wagonworks 1 and 2 like the plague, unless You want to overpay for the work and have it take way too long

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sorry for joining this thread late, but I recommend Springfield Auto Body.
    They do top quality work.

More than a few members of this Forum can attest to that.

Be sure to tell them I referred you. Call (703) 569-5055 and ask for either Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager).
    Barry

I was just checking out the website for Springfield Auto Body. It looks like they have a new manager. Are they still owned by the same people. Has anyone used them recently? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Thread Information