Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
I want to buy a beater... any suggestions?

Thread: I want to buy a beater... any suggestions?

I want to buy a beater... any suggestions?

I am looking to buy a beater... I don't care about the car looking good, being comfortable, or looking relatively new... All I want is something that runs well, has a good amount of cargo space, can be used year round (in the snow, etc), and is under a thousand dollars... does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, etc...

I'm looking for an E30 beater to bring down to school next year.

a dime a dozen E36 325i.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    I am looking to buy a beater... I don't care about the car looking good, being comfortable, or looking relatively new... All I want is something that runs well, has a good amount of cargo space, can be used year round (in the snow, etc), and is under a thousand dollars... does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, etc...
    Jeep?

E30's are relatively cheap right now and have a pretty large trunk. Throw a set of snow tires on for the winter and they handle pretty good in the snow.

The problem with the thousand dollar limit is you might end up with a few thousand dollars of additional repairs just to get it running well.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

thats true... i am thinking an old toyota 4runner (the one that looks like a pickup truck with the bed covered)... i have heard older toyotas are virtually indestructable

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    What you need is an indestructable Toyota pickup. See the video at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog28/toyota.shtml

Vic
    i want.... now lol

Banned
    I may have a 90325i available for sale in the late Spring/Early Summer. Will have approx 240k miles on it. Should need an exhaust. Need something larger to haul 2 collies. Looking non BMW since an X3 and X5 are worthless for carrying crates and my mechanic wont work on them. Maybe a 3 series station wagon but doubtful since it cant fit a large crate or two. Looks like either an Element, RAV4 V6 or Xterra.

Car will be priced cheap.

Dave Apker and the collies

Thread Information