Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E36 window lift issues

Thread: E36 window lift issues

E36 window lift issues

So I bought a cheap E36 and it has window lift issues? Anyone have any ideas? The fuzes are good too.

I also need an M50 coil pack if someone has a cheap spare...

Thanks Greg

oh this is the car I bought

http://www.forawhile.com/93e36/

Hey M-technik, by window lift issues do you possibly mean Window Regulator issues. Bimmer window regulators are a weakness of the BMW trademark. I just replaced my second window regulator in six years and 187,000 miles. I've found that the less I use them the more they break. I've lost the two rear window regulators and they were the two that I used the least. I hope your case is a fuse or something, however I believe that it's a regulator. Happy Motoring....
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

My buddy Jimmy (silver 328, you reset his CEL the same time you did my service lights) has replaced a regulator before, I'm sure he'd be able to help you.

I get no movement or indication that a single unit works. So, I scratch my head.

New to the e36 world except the engine deptartment. I only worked on the car for a short while.

So what are the symptoms of a busted regulator?
    Last edited by M-technik-3; 02-12-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Could also be a bad switch. Try swapping switches, left to right.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thought of that but to no avail as all for are dead. Anymore? Is there a relay? Not according to the Bentley book there is not. I hate the bentley for the E36 and E39's anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    I get no movement or indication that a single unit works. So, I scratch my head.

New to the e36 world except the engine deptartment. I only worked on the car for a short while.

So what are the symptoms of a busted regulator?
    Do the E36's have a breaker-button (that stops all windows from working) like the E30's do?

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I don't know, I'm finding out as I'm going along here. The relay for the comfort package...wasn't installed so hmm Thinking this was the issue but now I have a dead battery. It's on the charger at the moment.

I have a week to get it sorted. The wife is TDY to Langley and when the kids are in school I have all day to play with it.

So E36 guys I would love to hear inputs.

Upon review of the wiring schematic there is what appears to be a fuseable link in the system called the automatic cut out. Where it is? But that does not control the sunroof issue and the central door locks are working.
    Last edited by M-technik-3; 02-13-2006 at 11:47 AM.

I remember there being a cut off switch under the steering wheel on the panel to the right...check that.

I did there is no power to it, So I am back to checking the comfort relay again. It should have 12v across it when the ignition is on and there zip at the cut off switch.

It's the relay, anyone have one?

Do you have power at drivers switch? I had a similar problem and there was a broken power wire to the drivers switch. Just a WAG!

I removed the relay and jumpered the circuit and viola the windows work so I need a relay.

$27 and $5 for shipping on Ebay. Need to check local first.

Thread Information