Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Just wanted to say hi (new member here)

Thread: Just wanted to say hi (new member here)

Just wanted to say hi (new member here)

I joined the CCA a while back, got the vanity tags , and have actually started working with the CCA to further their marketing and advertising of dB. I heard about the website and wanted to check it out...

I am a current member of www.e46fantaics.com and www.eastcoasteuro.net along with www.bimmerforum.com

My names chase and I have a 2000 328Ci (big surprize given my name )

The car has...

19" CSL wheels
    Full Hamann interior
    ACS 3 piece spoiler
    Hamann exhaust
    ECIS intake
    Icelink
    P46s with 6K halos
    6K xenon headlights
    6k Led turn signals
    6K xenon foglights
    Clears of course

And a couple other tidbits here and there

This spring I am putting on a rather extensive body kit (with a new front bumper, front add on, skirts, a rear add on and maybe a roof spoiler)...

The car has all show, little go, and will most certainly be at a bunch of NCC CCA meets this year.

I look forward to seeing you on the karting course

Whats going on, Chase?

welcome !!!
    Always glad to have more people on the forum.
    gotta love the 2000 E46ers !!! hells yeah

As far as the body kit goes tho, it's up to you, but I'd spend the money going to the driver's schools put on by the NCC... best money I've ever spent. And, although our cars don't have the most "go", when you learn how to drive them right, on a windy course, you can keep up with, and even pass, some of those that do have the go.
    Or, if that's not your bag, upgrade your suspension... the stock suspension for our cars is far too mushy... but again, that's what I'd do, not necessarily what other would.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Echoing what Diriclet wrote, don't worry about how much 'umpf' your car has -- it has enough, trust me. It definitely has a better power:weight ratio than my 4,000lb 190hp 635CSi, which does fine out there.

I'll also agree that you'll get much more bang for your buck by signing up for the April Highway Safety School/Drivers' School.

The HSS isn't as dull as it sounds -- in fact, of all the days I've spent on a track (this coming Friday at VIR will be #21 since 2004) the HSS was the single most valuable. It's a great introduction to the handling characteristics of your car; threshold braking is amazingly important (and surprisingly fun) and, as any HPDE veteran will tell you -- getting double the Skidpad time of a normal HPDE is the best part. Well, the best part aside from the people that you'll meet.

Not only will you get track time, but you'll become a much better driver on the street, as well.
    Last edited by SharkD; 02-11-2006 at 11:59 AM.

I am definitely going to try and take the classes (only problem is that i work pretty much 7 days a week... in addition to finishing up my senior year of college ). I am really excited about the karting as that sounds like a whole lot of fun... how fast do those little guys go?

IIRC, ~60mph, or so. The auto-x school is also an alternative...

PS -- that ~750kb sig is... um... huge.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    IIRC, ~60mph, or so. The auto-x school is also an alternative...

PS -- that ~750kb sig is... um... huge.
    ehh... but its cool and i get paid for it... to some extent that is...

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    6k Led turn signals
    You have white/bluish turn signals? Are those even street legal?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    ehh... but its cool and i get paid for it... to some extent that is...
    Yeah, but there are still people who use dialup and downloading a sig that's nearly a meg is a bit much... (hell, it even drags on my biz-class DSL) and huge animated GIFs tend to cause memory leaks in some browsers. *cough*IE*cough*

Thread Information