Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Uncontrollable Heater

Thread: Uncontrollable Heater

Uncontrollable Heater

The heater in my car cycles from really low power to full blast hurricane-force - note that this is happening with the fan on the lowest setting. I'm hoping that this may be an easy fix I could do myself... but it is that, only hope.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

The final stage resistor for the blower needs replacing. If you have a Bentley manual, check there for instructions. Otherwise, search on bimmerfest.com for "end stage resistor" or "final stage resistor". Common failure, but it appears to be easy to replace on an E46.

Quote Originally Posted by AG
    The final stage resistor for the blower needs replacing. If you have a Bentley manual, check there for instructions. Otherwise, search on bimmerfest.com for "end stage resistor" or "final stage resistor". Common failure, but it appears to be easy to replace on an E46.
    Thank you.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Part number 64-11-6-923-204, $79.00 BMW list, $63.20 CCA cost if you see me.

Thread Information