Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
clanking and shifting power window

Thread: clanking and shifting power window

clanking and shifting power window

Just today, I noticed that my driver's side window "clanks" on it's travel about halfway between up and down. At the same time as it clanks, it moves (shifts) slightly askew as if it's going off it's track. It successfully completes the full up& down, but I didn't want to exercise it any more than I needed to going through the toll booths (yes, I forgot my ezpass). Anybody have a suggestion as to what the problem might be, before I either take it to the shop or attempt to tackle the problem myself?

Thanks!

Dave

I think what you described is exactly what I had - in my car the cable that runs it up and down had come lose from where it was supposed to be hooked. With the panel taken off it was hardly a 30 second fix to put it back.

Sounds like a bad window regulator. Fairly easy job but a bit time consuming, especially the first time around. The hardest parts is removing the trim and door panels without scratching or breaking anything. What kind of car do you have?

If you're lucky, you're under warranty. E46? they all do that eventually, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by AG
    Sounds like a bad window regulator. Fairly easy job but a bit time consuming, especially the first time around. The hardest parts is removing the trim and door panels without scratching or breaking anything. What kind of car do you have?
    Try doing it on a warm day or in a heated garage. The plastic pieces become much more brittle in the cold.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Try doing it on a warm day or in a heated garage. The plastic pieces become much more brittle in the cold.

---Eric
    Nice! Minor things like this why I appreciate this board. Would never have thought of this until I broke something if I was trying it!

Quote Originally Posted by pranu
    Nice! Minor things like this why I appreciate this board. Would never have thought of this until I broke something if I was trying it!
    I learned the hard way while trying to remove some trim pieces I wanted from a parts car.

A hair dryer might be helpful in certain situations. Other times it's worth it just to buy some spare trim clips and replace them all while you are in there. The amount of time saved trying to keep from breaking them might not always be worth it.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information