Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Okay, that lot sucks.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Okay, that lot sucks.

Okay, that lot sucks.

I think I'm going to skip the next event that we have at the Manassas lot. It's just way too long of a drive for an itty bitty lot. We need to make it a mission to drive around and find more lots
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

The NCC used to use the Lincoln Tech parking lot (which is right on Snowden Pky). Maybe we can convince the powers that be to use it again?

Re: Okay, that lot sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by John V
    I think I'm going to skip the next event that we have at the Manassas lot. It's just way too long of a drive for an itty bitty lot. We need to make it a mission to drive around and find more lots
    I think they made great use of the lot (given the smallish size.) All that loopyness was fun - you could really tell those who have trouble visualizing the course and looking ahead.

I guess I'm not the only one who looks at every parking lot I pass wondering if it could be used for autox :grin:

Re: Okay, that lot sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    I think they made great use of the lot (given the smallish size.) All that loopyness was fun - you could really tell those who have trouble visualizing the course and looking ahead.

I guess I'm not the only one who looks at every parking lot I pass wondering if it could be used for autox :grin:
    Kevin seems to have some fun torturing us with some of his courses (flight of the Bumblebee). I seem to remember an Anti-NASCAR course once (all Right turns). Amazingly I actually stayed on-course for all my runs. :-)

This course looked REALLY tough until I realized that it was all right turns until the back section (then it became all left turns). I think watching all the people going OC on in the first heat forced me to focus more than normal on learning the course. I can't even remember how many times I walked it.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by GT
    The NCC used to use the Lincoln Tech parking lot (which is right on Snowden Pky). Maybe we can convince the powers that be to use it again?
    I remember that lot! That was the VERY time I EVER saw an autox. It was an NCC event too.

JV or Glenn-

What about that overflow parking lot at the United movie theatre? It's the one behind the BJs and Home Depot off of Snowden-it's like walking distance from JV's house.

Columbia would be an ideal location since it is a good mid point for Baltimore and DC people.

John-there are also a WHOLE lot of industrial parks up Robert Fulton (again near your place)

We should check out all these places sometime.

I would be willing to help you guys check out the lots in the columbia area as well.

I was thinking that Towson University has a nice sized lot for the football stadium. Last I remember it was in nice condition also.
    I dont know if that could work with their school/game schedule, but it's worth a shot? I would be willing to drive out there... hell, I commute to school there. :grin:

Also, is Frederick completely out of the question? Baseball stadium? 270N for DC region people... 70W for Baltimore people.

just pitching out some ideas.

How about adding a zip code field to the autox registration form? This would give us a better idea of where everyone is coming from.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick. :grin:

Most of those snowden industrial park lots have tons of islands. I've checked them all out, they're no good.

The United overflow lot would be GREAT. What we need is a copy of the insurance information NCC holds and we can approach the ownership. Maybe Kevin (or someone) can draft a generic letter saying what coverage we have, how much in a dollar amount for property and person liability, how much we will pay out for use of the lot, the typical effect on the pavement, etc etc. Then if we find a lot we can take action.

i think Kev used the available space well, but it still sucked.

John
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan
    I was thinking that Towson University has a nice sized lot for the football stadium. Last I remember it was in nice condition also.
    I dont know if that could work with their school/game schedule, but it's worth a shot? I would be willing to drive out there... hell, I commute to school there. :grin:
    Actually the SCCA years ago used to run there. I believe the surrounding neighorhoods did noit like the motor noise but didn't mind the Towson football and lax games.

I miss Lincon Tech. I raced there a bunch of times with the CCA.

Yeah, 1.5 hour drive...

Quote Originally Posted by schosports
    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan
    Actually the SCCA years ago used to run there. I believe the surrounding neighorhoods did noit like the motor noise but didn't mind the Towson football and lax games.

I miss Lincon Tech. I raced there a bunch of times with the CCA.
    I checked out the Towson lot today. They just re-sealed it. :smt077

It's been a while, might be worth a shot talking to them again...

Bogdan-

Way to check out that lot and the one at Centennial! You rock man!!!!

Thread Information