Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Images now link to self, regardless of [URL] tag?

Thread: Images now link to self, regardless of [URL] tag?

Question Images now link to self, regardless of [URL] tag?

It used to be that image urls surrounded solely by [ IMG ] tags were not clickable and that if you surrounded the [ IMG ] tags with [ URL= ], that the image was linked to that URL.

Recently, I noticed that an [ IMG ] tag creates an automatic link to the URL of the image, even if a [ URL ] tag is present (in which case that URL is ignored). For an example, look at my signature:

Code:
    [ url=http://www.dvsmith.net ][ img ]http://www.dvsmith.net/cgi-bin/rand_sig.pl[ /img ][ /url ]
    Just wondering what's changed, and if it can change back?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Something became corrupt between 4:00 am and 8:00 am.
    I fixed one the file that was causing the board not to load.
    I just did a full backup. Maybe that caused the problem when certain tables were locked out?

I'll look into it when I get home from work. I should have been at work 6 minutes ago.

Edit: I see. When I click your sign I see the random image but it should be going to your website.
    I see that is happening to everyone's sigs.
    It'll me my evening project.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 02-06-2006 at 10:11 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Trust me, I feel your pain -- yesterday afternoon, I made a complete server backup image and then attempted to upgrade my Cube from 10.3.9 server to 10.4 server, which only brought the data over and wouldn't let me start Apache, POP or IMAP. When I tried to revert, I found that the permissions on the backup were corrupt and the server wouldn't start from the restored data. It took me 7+ hours to get the data recovered, the server running (10.3.9) and the permissions (mostly) fixed. Talk about a Super Sunday.

Still can't figure it out. The same problem exists on my other board on a different server but with the same host. I tried turning off all the extra plugins, still didn't work.

Now my own computer is acting weird. Some fonts are rendering differently than a few days ago. v 10.2.8
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    It used to be that image urls surrounded solely by [ IMG ] tags were not clickable and that if you surrounded the [ IMG ] tags with [ URL= ], that the image was linked to that URL.

Recently, I noticed that an [ IMG ] tag creates an automatic link to the URL of the image, even if a [ URL ] tag is present (in which case that URL is ignored). For an example, look at my signature:

Code:
    [ url=http://www.dvsmith.net ][ img ]http://www.dvsmith.net/cgi-bin/rand_sig.pl[ /img ][ /url ]
    Finally figured it out when I upgraded to the current version of the vBulletin. I checked your sig step by step until it produced the problem. I had a mod that resized inline images. This was useful for those who linked huge photos. The down size it interferred with linked signatures. For the meantime I removed it until the coder revises it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information