Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
autocross calendar - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: autocross calendar

Any progress on the date of the Autox school?
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    Any progress on the date of the Autox school?
    As dates/locations are locked, they are being posted on the web. Hopefully everything will be finalized very soon.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    What did you change and what class are you trying to stay in?

Pete - I'll send you the last version of the rules I had tonight.

---Eric
    Well, I currently have stainless steel brake lines and a front sway bar.

If the brake lines are allowed in stock, I may put the stock front bar back on and run in stock again this year.

If the brake lines are not allowed, I may get some r-comps and run in prepared.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Well, I currently have stainless steel brake lines and a front sway bar.

If the brake lines are allowed in stock, I may put the stock front bar back on and run in stock again this year.

If the brake lines are not allowed, I may get some r-comps and run in prepared.
    SS brake lines are fine. They don't add a performance advantage. The sway bar would push you out of showroom.

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Speaking of autocross rules, were there any changes implemented for the upcoming season? If so, are they posted anywhere?
    New classes/rules stuff has been posted:
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showt...2336#post12336

---Eric

SS brake lines are fine. They don't add a performance advantage. The sway bar would push you out of showroom.

---Eric
    Some would argue that they do.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Some would argue that they do.

Alex
    Some would argue they don't. They aren't offering a "significant" performance advantage so they are acceptable. If you have them on your car and you feel they do offer a significant performance advantage then bump yourself to the higher class.

---Eric

Some would argue they don't. ---Eric
    Obviously.

Anyway, so the strict stock means stock theme is no longer the end all and be all? How about a short shifter kit or Bilsteins? (Just thought I'd throw that last one in there....)

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Obviously.

Anyway, so the strict stock means stock theme is no longer the end all and be all? How about a short shifter kit or Bilsteins? (Just thought I'd throw that last one in there....)

Alex
    The "strict" stock theme wasn't there last season. Short shifters were allowed and still are.
    In stock class you are allowed non-OEM replacement parts as long as they do not enhance the performance of the car.
    Shocks were brought up at the meeting and it was decided to leave that rule the same.

---Eric

Well I'm glad I didn't make the meeting then, it would have lasted at least an extra hour...

It's a slippery slope.................

Wink

New classes/rules stuff has been posted:
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showt...2336#post12336

---Eric
    Looks like my MINI STX car won't have anybody to play with unless one of the other MINI guys (Jon, Paddy, Al, you out there?) comes with r-compounds.

But I could bring the ZO6 and play with Mick in the XR class.

Maybe I'll do a little of both this year.
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris
    Looks like my MINI STX car won't have anybody to play with unless one of the other MINI guys (Jon, Paddy, Al, you out there?) comes with r-compounds.

But I could bring the ZO6 and play with Mick in the XR class.

Maybe I'll do a little of both this year.
    Post up on the MINI forums and try to get some more MINIs to come out. The MINI classes are contingent on participation. If there are not enough cars who qualify for championship points MINIs will return to X and XR the following season.

---Eric

Jim, Bring the Z06. There's much more than me to play with in XR. If John V got R comps for his Boxster, then maybe even him and Clyde. 'Twill be fun!

It's a good idea to try to get other MINIs to come out by mentioning the event on various boards. I'll do that.

Mick, I registered the MINI for April 8. Need the seat time in the run up to the SCCA season. I'll run the ZO6 in other events, probably. Yes, it'll be fun.

I did sort of miss not being able to register for the X Class, where there is usually a lot of other traffic.
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Thread Information