Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
It finally happened...

Thread: It finally happened...

Angry It finally happened...

I was on my way home from Downton D.C. today about a mile from home in stop and go traffic on Berry Road when all of a sudden I feel this big thud from behind and to my surprise a Toyota Camry rear-ended me. The lady was really very nice, she has insurance, now I just need to know where to go to get my bimmer repaired. Her Camry got the worse part of the exchange, her front-end including lights are destroyed. She basically destroyed my rear diffuser, and left a couple cracks and dings in my rear bumper. Any suggestions on where to get the best repair is welcome. I will need to replace the entire rear bumper including diffuser. I've had the car since 1999 and have 185,000 original miles and now an accident. I see this as an opportunity to get a Hamann rear bumper and diffuser. I'm told that how you see the problem is the problem, either you see it as a problem or as an opportunity. Happy Motoring...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Also, Barry Brown has a race sponsorship with a body shop in Springfield, VA -- he might be able to help you out. (Just a guess.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild
    I will need to replace the entire rear bumper including diffuser. I've had the car since 1999 and have 185,000 original miles and now an accident. I see this as an opportunity to get a Hamann rear bumper and diffuser. I'm told that how you see the problem is the problem, either you see it as a problem or as an opportunity. Happy Motoring...
    I'll put in a good word (a lot ofthem actually) for Springfield AB. They have been great working on my 540 that was hit twice (!) in the front. Talk to Jim Amery.

David

Also, if you have some time, I'd recommend Autocrafters in Manassas. One man shop...PAINFULLY meticulous. Robert does the best work in the region, but can take a few weeks to finish.
    Marc Plante
    E36 M3/4
    Vienna, VA

Sab

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Also, Barry Brown has a race sponsorship with a body shop in Springfield, VA -- he might be able to help you out. (Just a guess.)

Yes, Springfield Auto Body does sponsor my racecar in return for my referring people to them. As it happens tho, they're a first-class shop and they do very high quality work. More that a few members of this community will attest to that.

Anyway, if you want to check them out, call Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) on (703) 569-5055 and tell them I referred you.

You won't be disappointed.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

What do you guys think of Wagon Work? I have heard great things about them and am considering having them do a full body kit for my car... i am willing to pay the extra money to guarantee a high quality job.. anyone know who is the best of the best?

I will second the AutoCrafters recommendation. Rob is down right anal and does an excellent job. We took our 5er there and I wish the whole car looked as good as the parts he worked on.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Show Cars

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    What do you guys think of Wagon Work? I have heard great things about them and am considering having them do a full body kit for my car... i am willing to pay the extra money to guarantee a high quality job.. anyone know who is the best of the best?
    I don't know who the "best of the best" is, but Springfield Auto Body has done show cars. For example, the Owner has a 1959 Chevy Nomad which his people restored and showed and it was very impressive.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    Just got my car back from them at the beginning of the year after a sandwich job (rear ended and pushed into the car in front). While the damage was not visually significant, the total bill was near $5k. Wagonwork appears to have done a stellar job but time will tell.

I can say stay FAR FAR away from Ashburn Collision Center even though Sterling BMW/Mini recommends them. Took my 02 MCS in to them after it was T-boned at the driver's side front wheel. The new bonet isn't color matched well and is chipping like an SOB. It looks like I've been following a gravel dump truck around 495 for the past 15k (which of course I have not). I'm toying with the idea of legal action since they are not taking accountability.

Master Crafters in Rockville does quality work. Very experienced with BMW.

Thread Information