Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New2002tii owner to NCC
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New2002tii owner to NCC

New2002tii owner to NCC

This is my first time on the forum...Just joined the BMWCCA a couple of days ago in anticipation of my 1972 2002 tii.Been involved with other brands(British and VW) for a long time and decided to re-live my college days with another 2002 tii. Flew out to California a last week and bought a very nice Inca Orange 02.Sched. delivery Feb.10-14th.Any NCC 2002 people out there and recomendations for good shops would be greatly appreciated.
    Best Regards
    jgm
    jgm@starpower.net

Welcome! Sounds like a sweet '02... Any pics?

As for shops, try: Alexandria Bavarian & Dan Martin (Gaithersburg, MD)

http://www.dvsmith.net/bmw/dc_service_shops.html

Thanks for the ref. for some shops.I have photos and would be glad to send you a few.
    jgm

post 'em! car sounds cool. inca is fav 2002 color. i am a recovering 2002 addict. learned to drive on a then new 73 '02. i keep considering getting another one, but already too many bmw's in the stable...

Welcome!

I think you find the group here to be very polite, helpful, and informative.

As far as places to get your '02 worked on, I would suggest Manassas Motorwerkes. The last time I was over there, he had 3 of them in his shop. The owner Ron Willis loves '02s. He has one that he endurance races and a 1600 that he is in the process of restoring.
    Last edited by SMOODY; 02-13-2006 at 12:57 PM.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

thanks for the tips...looking forward to the new tii and meeting some club members..
    jgm

i will guess you have searched the web and found sites like..
    http://www.bmw2002faq.com/

The transport driver just called and the 72 will be here tomarrow or Tue.Very happy except theres so much @##$%%% snow.
    jgmgti

Welcome! I have a '74 tii...

We have a Mid-Atlantik '02 group that gets together at Carlisle for the Spring Import Day and takes a few cruises during the year.
    Send me a note if you're interested in getting on the e-mailing list.
    I'm in Leesburg.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

thanks John.The Mid-Atlantik group has put me on their list.Looking forward to doing some 02 drives etc. this year.I can be reached at .....jgm@starpower.net

Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    thanks John.The Mid-Atlantik group has put me on their list.Looking forward to doing some 02 drives etc. this year.I can be reached at .....jgm@starpower.net
    JGM,

Listen to anything that John says about 2002s. His car is incredible.

Don't forget to register for the DM Concours (look on the NCC Calendar for registration details - when they become available). If you plan on competing, you'll need to start the detailing process as soon as the car arrives. If you're not into serious detailing, no problem, just bring the car so we can all look at it.

Not sure where you're located, but we have a social event this Thursday evening in Rockville. The weather is supposed to be much better by then (at least that's the current prediction). Maybe you can swing by and show off the "new" car.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Photos of my 72 tii

Thanks for the welcome guys.looking forward to meeting all of you.Shes a 3-owner 153k tii.May 4th build date.Records back to delivery.10k fresh motor,8k fresh trans,3.90 Lsd,Bilsteins,BBS 13x6 R-197s,Pirelli Tires,Momo Wood wheel,salt &pepper coco matts are a few of my updates.Need a serious buffout and detail....so far runs v.g. even starts with kugelfischer in 15 degrees this A.M.
    jgmgti
    Jonathan

Gorgeous!

(Love the wheels.)

Looks very nice!
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I hope, some day, to have a car like that... It's been a dream of mine, for some time now, to own a nice 2002. Someday...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thread Information