Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DC Auto Show

Thread: DC Auto Show

DC Auto Show

I plan to attend Sunday, but has anyone been to the 2006 Washington Auto Show yet? What's in the BMW booth? Anything interesting?

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Thanks,

Greg

I went on Tuesday. The BMW booth has a blue M6, New M5, an imola red M roadster, Z4, 760Li, X3 sport with M package, X5 4.4 and lots of new 3's! The best booth in the show! But I'm a bit biased having 3 BMW's. It's well worth it just to see all the new M's!

Go first thing in the morning when the show opens... possibly less crowded.

It's the first show I've attended in the new convention center - much better than the old show - still not an "A" show like Detroit, LA, NY, Chicago - but worth a trip.

BMW on lower level. On the upper level, a Ford GT greets you at the entrance, quite a car.

At least on Wed morning, you could still open doors, hoods, trunks, check out the cars in some detail (except for the M6 on a turntable), but the crowd was building by lunch time.

At the old convention center, good cars, like bmws, were usually locked, largely negating the purpose of the car show... seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by glindsay
    I plan to attend Sunday, but has anyone been to the 2006 Washington Auto Show yet? What's in the BMW booth? Anything interesting?
    Went today. To judge by the crowds around the various displays, Mercedes (two CLS and a Maybach in addition to the new GL and R-class), Dodge (concept Challenger, Magnum, and variants), Ford (GT and Mustangs), BMW (see below), and Mini were hot. Everything GM (except Cadilac), Toyota, Kia/Suzuki/Isuzu, and Mitsubishi were not. And, as I expected but can never understand, lots of people looking at Hummers. (I know this is GM too)

The aforementioned Blue M6 is gorgeous. According to one of the sales people, it is BMW NAs and one of the few, if only, in the US already. They should arrive later this summer. The M5 (also BMW NA property)was, in my opnion, an ugly color but the V10 was there for all to see. Other highlights include a Ferrari 612 and two (!) Aston Martin DB9s. The DB9, IMHO, was the best looking car at the show.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Psi5
    The aforementioned Blue M6 is gorgeous. According to one of the sales people, it is BMW NAs and one of the few, if only, in the US already. They should arrive later this summer. The M5 (also BMW NA property)was, in my opnion, an ugly color but the V10 was there for all to see. Other highlights include a Ferrari 612 and two (!) Aston Martin DB9s. The DB9, IMHO, was the best looking car at the show.

David
    That M6 was absolutely the best car BMW had at the auto show. The M5 was nice too, but the color was terrible and I didn't like the light wood interior either.

There were a lot of people at the Show on Sunday afternoon. I did get a fairly clear shot of the M6.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M6_2006_DC_Auto_Show_LR.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	117  

Meh. Even though that V10 sounds wonderful, I'm still unenthused about the late-model Chrysler Sebring coupe-cum-Bangle styling. (That's not a Hofmeister kink so much as a couple of sharp folds.)

I like the color, though -- it's close to what I'm painting the SpecE30.

Thread Information