Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
April 9, 2006 Spring Tour

Thread: April 9, 2006 Spring Tour

April 9, 2006 Spring Tour

With the der Bayerische deadline this weekend it was time I got in the car to plan our Spring Tour. Especially before winter sets in. Saturday the weather was overcast and light drizzle but warm. Most of the route I have driven before but needed to add a new section to get to Washington, VA. I ended up on one road that turned to gravel. Not that I mind gravel but I was scraping my car as I went over bridges and navigated the holes. Turned around and found another road. On a positive note, Snickersville Tpke has been repaved. Made for a nice brisk ride even on snow tires.

Got to my destination, the Four and Twenty Restaurant
    only to find it too small for our group. The owner told me of the Bleu Rock Inn. But first I wanted to connect Skyline Drive in the route. I continued on my way only to find a dead end after driving another 15 miles. U-turn and headed back to look for the Bleu Rock Inn. I passed the Inn of Little Washington and went in. Just a tad too expensive for a casual brunch. They also recommended the Bleu Rock Inn. So after driving 200 miles I never did find the restaurant.

Sunday I decided to retrace my journey making corrections to my route from the previous day. This time I knew where the Bleu Rock Inn was from maps.google.com. Not much on the outside but very nice inside. So after $40 worth of gas and probably another 400 miles on my odo, we have a Spring Tour.

It will be a two hour drive from Centreville to Washington, VA.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=139,705,0,0,1,0

Hope people come out for our first drive of the year.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-25-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Awesome! I am in. Thanks for doing the hunting!!

Quote Originally Posted by pranu
    Awesome! I am in. Thanks for doing the hunting!!
    For a two hour drive I was on the road for 10 hours. I live almost an hour from the start.

BTW- Anyone can host a driving tour. We'll cover gas and necessary expenses. Day trips are typically 2-3 hours. Start should be easy to get to with gas and food nearby. If it's a long trip, figure a bathroom break 1 hour into the trip. Destination needs amble parking.

Route instructions need to be clear and concise with return instruction as well. If there are charges for food or admission, it needs to be collected in advance. The route needs to be pre-checked at least one week before the event.

I'm still thinking about this one for a Fall tour.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1354
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Two other good restaurants in little Flint Hill are the Griffin Tavern and the Flint Hill Public House, although they might be too small for our group.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    Two other good restaurants in little Flint Hill are the Griffin Tavern and the Flint Hill Public House, although they might be too small for our group.
    I think I passed Griffin Tavern. I'm hoping the Bleu Rock Inn will be good. I just love Snickersville Tpke, Blueridge Mountain and Leeds Manor Roads. When I passed FEMA I noticed new fences and it no longer said FEMA.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-25-2006 at 08:32 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    Are you sure we're doing this on Easter Sunday, April 16, 2006?

Vic Maslanka
    OH NO! Is it really?

SJKSJI@#IWE(*@(*#WJ
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

16th? I meant the 9th. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Thanks!
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thumbs up Spring Tour

Steven,

Our calendar looks good for April 9. Miriam and I get back from a dive trip to Costa Rica on April 1. Of course, I will have started cleaning for the May 7 Concurs..but COUNT US IN!

Miriam and Sponge Bob

We have about 24 people for our April 9 drive.
    Details on the website.

If someone who is not going wants to go for a little drive this weekend, I could use someone to precheck the route. I'll be at Summit Point all weekend.

This might be fun for the EastCoastEuro guys.
    There are plenty of places to stop off and eat afterwards.

Preliminary instructions are below.
    There may be some changes from last month.
    That is the reason for a precheck.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information