Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
I Need to Borrow An E36 SRS Reset Tool.

Thread: I Need to Borrow An E36 SRS Reset Tool.

I Need to Borrow An E36 SRS Reset Tool.

I'm in Springfield, VA when I'm home from school. I'll need to do this around the beginning of March, does anybody have a tool I could run by and use for a couple minutes to reset the light?

~Ryan

Ryan,
    You should try stopping by RRT (Road Race Technologies). They are located in Dulles, VA, and have the tool you need. I am not sure if they will charge you for reseting the light, but it's worth a trip. Call them at (703) 661-4222 if you have any questions.

Brian Hair

I have one also Doug but I thought, we took care of that already at the last Chipolte GTG?

If you need it done let me know. You can swing by and grab it.

Greg

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    I have one also Doug but I thought, we took care of that already at the last Chipolte GTG?

If you need it done let me know. You can swing by and grab it.

Greg
    We took care of my CEL. About a week later, I ended up with an SRS Light . I don't think your tool can reset the SRS light, I think that requires the separate tool.

~Ryan

Greg, does your tool reset the service interval lights?

Ryan,

I am located in Springfield near Sydenstricker and the Parkway and do have a Peak SRS (Airbag) Scan and Reset Tool, 20-pin for BMWs 1994 thru 2000. Also have the 2001 and later adapter pigtail to connect same to the diagnostic port under the dash. Let me know when you're in town, Gregory@Lindsay.net to arrange a visit. (where's school, anyway)

I gather that you have a 1997 BMW 318i. My '98 E36 started to give intermittent passenger’s seat sensor faults that became more frequent until I had the sensor replaced to the tune of $450. Another Club member just up the street had same problem on his E36.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by glindsay
    Ryan,

I am located in Springfield near Sydenstricker and the Parkway and do have a Peak SRS (Airbag) Scan and Reset Tool, 20-pin for BMWs 1994 thru 2000. Also have the 2001 and later adapter pigtail to connect same to the diagnostic port under the dash. Let me know when you're in town, Gregory@Lindsay.net to arrange a visit. (where's school, anyway)

I gather that you have a 1997 BMW 318i. My '98 E36 started to give intermittent passenger’s seat sensor faults that became more frequent until I had the sensor replaced to the tune of $450. Another Club member just up the street had same problem on his E36.

Greg
    The sensor was replaced around two years ago, this is the first time the problem has come back. And yes, I'm sure it was the passenger seat, it was in the process of being slammed around by a friend when the light came on.

Thread Information