Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Advantage Certified service center - request for info

Thread: Advantage Certified service center - request for info

Advantage Certified service center - request for info

HI, I am new to this forum and came across this post about Advantage Certified. I own an '01 740i and need to do my inspection II service. Does anybody have an opinion on this service center and will you recomend them?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ibg; 01-04-2006 at 09:38 PM.

I assume that by Advantage Certified, you mean the place out in Manassas Park? (I know them as Auto Advantage).

I know several people here have had experience with them, mine however was absolutely awful, dreadful and I have vowed never to return again. After a series of poor customer service experiences and incorrect repairs I wrote the owner and got four separate phone calls from the vice presidents and co owners. All apologized for their service screw ups and their rude treatment of me. The kicker was when they asked me to write a second letter telling them that I was now completely satisfied based on the phone calls -- not even close. How could I be satisfied if they never offered to correct their problem?

This all ocurred a few years ago, so maybe the service staff has changed. I will NEVER go back there again. I am, however, curious if my experience was unique or if others have had similar issues.

As an alternative, I now take my car to Road Race Technologies (RRT) or to Curry's Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by GStiles
    I assume that by Advantage Certified, you mean the place out in Manassas Park? (I know them as Auto Advantage).
    <snip>
    This all ocurred a few years ago, so maybe the service staff has changed. I will NEVER go back there again. I am, however, curious if my experience was unique or if others have had similar issues.
    I had some problems getting in touch with them a few years ago as well, but never went there. Recently, I had major problems when dealing with another shop (a db advertiser actually, The Auto Shop in Sterling - I'll *never* go there again, a long story but terrible service) so I contacted Advantage Certified again. This time, and since then, I have been nothing but extremely satisfied and impressed with them. I highly recommend Advantage.

I could go into great detail about my experiences, but briefly: I have found them to be open, honest, very accomodating, and dedicated to getting things right. They are not cheap, but definitely less than the dealer and some other independents and they only work on BMWs (and know them inside and out).

One quick example - after a recent oil change, the flap door that covers the oil drain plug came undone and, when I backed into my garage, popped off. I noticed a little residual oil on the flap door and called to ask about it. Glenn, my advisor, said it was probably nothing to worry about (splashing form the oil change) but that I should bring it in, they'd check to make sure the drain plug was sealed, replace the flap door with a new one, and, if I didn't have the time to wait, give me a loaner for the day. He even offered to have my car towed in if I was worried that too much oil had leaked out, making the car a risk to drive (all at no charge). There was no real problem of course, but he said they'd rather be safe and get it right than have any problems. All because the screw holding the flap shut hadn't been completely tightened.

Many other examples, but my experience is that they are good guys dedicated to doing things right. Sign up for their newsletter (http://www.onlybmws.com/va/index.html) and they'll send you updates and service specials.

My .02

David

Thread Information