Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best BMW Service Center and Team?

Thread: Best BMW Service Center and Team?

Best BMW Service Center and Team?

Hello all. I am writing to determine if there is a public report or another resource that provides detailed information on service center quality at BMW dealerships.

I drive a CPO 2003 e39 with an extended full maintenance warranty, and I am rapidly approaching my next service inspection. I took my car to BMW of Towson to replace a heat shield several months ago...I had no issues with the work other than they gave me a gas guzzling Cadillac DTS for the day. I commute from Baltimore City to the District of Columbia daily to attend graduate school (last semester, 2nd year Howard MBA).

I bought the car at VOB. However, they are not located along my commute. I guess my choices are Towson, Russel or Tischer. Any recommendations or comments? Thanks.

I'd recommend that you try Tischer & make it a rule to avoid VOB like the plague from now on.

Stick with Towson. Highest CSI in the area. I drive there from DC.

FWIW, Towson didn't give you a DTS, Enterprise rent-a-car did. Did you ask them what they had available?

-- Jason

I have used Russel plenty of times with no issues. I'd say it's a no brainer considering your commute takes you right by them....

Thanks!

Seems like no red flags other than VOB...That is certainly good to learn. I will likely visit Tischer when Towson is not feasible.

With regard to the Enterprise comment, I hold BMW of Towson responsible since Enterprise is in affect working as an agent for the dealership. I do not think that it is unreasonable for Towson to request a more comparable loaner vehicle for their customer. Alternatively, BMW owners should be allowed to drive a Mini!

Comment on VOB

I had a few incidents with them and finally lost my confidence. They bled my brakes once and when I pointed out to the service advisor that there was brake fluid on the wheels, he asked why did I think it was brake fluid. Duh. He then asked me to make an appointent to have them 'looked at' (would have taken several days) but I spent the afternoon cleaning them instead. Twice I had to go in for them to tell me I needed a new part (under warranty) even though I had told them I needed the part on the phone.

Tate BMW Annapolis

Move the Annapolis area; Tate is fantastic!
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Looking Myself

I had a terrible experience with BMW of Arlington so I am looking for a new place for service myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW0299
    I had a few incidents with them and finally lost my confidence....
    Had an interesting conversation with a VOB sales woman at the auto show. Among other things, I asked her why BMW Service Centers were so bad in getting repairs scheduled in a timely manner especially if you did not buy your car there. She basically said that they have so much service business that unless you bought your car there, most dealers will pretty much ignore you (I was one told it's be three weeks before I could get my "alien" BMW into Sterling for an oil change - that was the last time I even tried). She said that if you are willing to put up with the delays and build a relationship, it'll pay off in the end with better service. She added that you might even get a better loaner (i.e., a BMW/mini that is reserved for purchasers) or better rental eventually. I laughed and said that is why I take my car to an independent BMW shop.

She was smug, but honest, about how they treat cars not bought there. Or, as BMW Sterling kindly stamps their service tickets "Family" and "not-Family."

Tate in Annapolis is horrible, service "advisors" I have dealt with do not know what they are servicing, not recommended.

I'm surprised that Towson gave you a loaner when you didn't purchase the car there. I didn't think most dealerships did that.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

I got a loaner car from BMW of Sterling when I took the 5er in to warranty work.

I think that most dealers will provide a loaner for warranty work. The costs associated with the warranty work are charged to BMW and do not come out of the dealers pocket.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I have had consistantly great service at both Russell and Northwest and they will provide a loaner. But I have purchased a car from each of them, so probably not a real test. Both of these shops will allow me into the shop so I can talk directly to the tech, which I think is important. I have not tried Towson, but I bet they make it hard for you to get in the shop.

Tate is awful and will not provide a loaner unless you bought the car that is going in for service from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhl
    I have had consistantly great service at both Russell and Northwest and they will provide a loaner. But I have purchased a car from each of them, so probably not a real test. Both of these shops will allow me into the shop so I can talk directly to the tech, which I think is important. I have not tried Towson, but I bet they make it hard for you to get in the shop.

Tate is awful and will not provide a loaner unless you bought the car that is going in for service from them.
    I think most places will let you in the shop once you have gone there a couple times and built up a relationship with them.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I have had exceptionally good service from Towson. Although the car was purchased in NH, I have been given a loaner (BMW 3) many times. Work there is conducted in a very professional manner. I would, however, reccomend getting there early (they open @ 7:30 - get there before that) if you want your car to get worked on in the morning - their reputation for good service hasn't gone unnoticed, and there is often a line before the service center even opens.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thread Information