Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
What did Santa bring for your Bimmer?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did Santa bring for your Bimmer?

What did Santa bring for your Bimmer?

Now that Christmas is over, did Santa bring you the new coilover suspension kit you asked for?

I guess I will start this off.

Between the presents from my wife, my parents, her parents, and the kids, I got several goodies.

Bentley Manuals for both cars.
    "Going Faster" by Carl Lopez (The book version of the Skip Barber racing school)
    iPod and IceLink for my car.
    And cash to use towards upgrades. (The UUC Sway Barbarians will be on order soon. )
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

yup yup
    got a $100 gift certificate to Bavarian Auto
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    yup yup
    got a $100 gift certificate to Bavarian Auto
    What do you plan to get?
    2001 330i (my car)

P/N: 07-11-9-912-567 (M8x1.5 90mm) bolt for M30 alternator mount - so that I can drive the 6er back to DC without fear of shedding the alternator belt.

And some socks...
    Last edited by SharkD; 12-28-2005 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    P/N: 07-11-9-912-567 (M8x1.5 90mm) bolt for M30 alternator mount - so that I can drive the 6er back to DC without fear of shedding the alternator belt.
    What happened? Did the 6er get stranded somewhere?
    2001 330i (my car)

$100 to BavAuto, bought just paraphernalia, other than a replacement jackpad for my car, 5.95 or whatever. Got the Mobile Tradition poster set, a mouse pad, and a t-shirt, and still have a bunch of money left. I need to give them a call and see if they can get my windshield squirter valve in, its not in their catalog. I got the aforementioned "Going Faster" book from my mom, prior to Christmas. I got, from my uncle, an ex Formula Atlantic / Formula Ford driver, Carroll Smith's Drive To Win. I got some ramps from a random Volkswagen guy I met, which are probably the most useful of them all.

i got socks and a bell m4pro helmet, but my car got a bimmerworld ceramic 6 puck race clutch, front control arms, brake rotors, hawk ht10's, and a motorola racing radio setup....now i have a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    $100 to BavAuto, bought just paraphernalia, other than a replacement jackpad for my car, 5.95 or whatever. Got the Mobile Tradition poster set, a mouse pad, and a t-shirt, and still have a bunch of money left. I need to give them a call and see if they can get my windshield squirter valve in, its not in their catalog. I got the aforementioned "Going Faster" book from my mom, prior to Christmas. I got, from my uncle, an ex Formula Atlantic / Formula Ford driver, Carroll Smith's Drive To Win. I got some ramps from a random Volkswagen guy I met, which are probably the most useful of them all.
    that "going faster" book is a great one. i have lost count of how many times i have read my copy.

the "drive to win" book is a good one too! my copy is seriously worn. the other books in the "xx to win" series are also highly recommended.

Thanks, I may head to Borders later today, any other specific ones you would recommend?

My car got a new parking spot.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    Thanks, I may head to Borders later today, any other specific ones you would recommend?
    Tune, to Win, Prepare to Win and Screw to Win otherwise known as Screws, Fasteners etc. Met Carroll Smith many years ago up at Summit Point. Regretted not getting him to autograph his books.

BTW I got a new family member for Christmas. She was an early Christmas present. Kate is now 15 weeks old and just about housebroken. Wish the weather would cooperate so I can put her on sheep without a leash.

Take a look at her pixs. Now I need a new ride. Used 3 series station wagon(non AWD), new Honda Element, new Xterra or new Pathy are my choices. X3 and X5 just dont have the room for 2 collies and neither has any real offroad capability. X3 and X5 are a waste of sheet metal and if I am spending that much money for a SAV I get a real SUV not a poseur. If Land Rover had the new Defender out that would be the collies first choice.

Dave Apker

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    What happened? Did the 6er get stranded somewhere?
    Nah, it's fine -- although it may need a new giubo by the sound of it -- the lower alternator bolt had been crushed and the alternator was wiggling a bit much for my taste, causing a nasty droning that lasted from South Hill, VA all the way to Durham.

It looks like the bolt wasn't properly torqued... J&F was the last shop to touch the alternator. Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    that "going faster" book is a great one. i have lost count of how many times i have read my copy.

the "drive to win" book is a good one too! my copy is seriously worn. the other books in the "xx to win" series are also highly recommended.
    I have only read the introduction so far. I am glad to hear that it is worth the read. I will have to look at the other ones after I finish this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    My car got a new parking spot.

---Eric
    Eric - Did you move?

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Now I need a new ride. Used 3 series station wagon(non AWD), new Honda Element, new Xterra or new Pathy are my choices. X3 and X5 just dont have the room for 2 collies and neither has any real offroad capability. X3 and X5 are a waste of sheet metal and if I am spending that much money for a SAV I get a real SUV not a poseur. If Land Rover had the new Defender out that would be the collies first choice.

Dave Apker

Dave Apker
    Any thought given to a 5 series wagon? My wife and I love ours. Very comfortable, lots of room for kids and their junk, and yet it can run rings around an SUV and cruise at triple digit speeds without much effort.
    2001 330i (my car)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Eric - Did you move?
    I just signed the papers. I'll be moving in a couple weeks.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Santa brought me a 3-drawer craftsman toolbox. It's verra nice. Dad gave me a ABC fire extinguisher. I guess the Halon units were a tad expensive.

Thread Information